Bergen

easy 4 way exits and blocks

Stairstep Diamond, Satellite, Bow, and Meeker are al pretty easy exits.

I'll add star, even though is trickier than most people think. The Stardian is an easy exit too. Bunyip is pretty solid, but it's not a random.

Don't know many 40 way blocks, but of the 4-way blocks I find the easiet to be:

Stardian-Stardian and ZigZag-Marquis. Canadian Tee and sidebody donut-sideflake donut are pretty easy, but they are slow. SideBuddies and Cat+accordian are straight forward, as long as you stay on-level.

I'll add star, even though is trickier than most people think.

The trick with the star is keeping the grips in tight, it is a fairly easy one though you're right.

Stardian-stardian and zig-zag marquis are two of the first blocks i learned how to fly, and you're right they are fairly easy and really teach you how block work should feel.

History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

I would add Ritz to the easy launches, although again it is not a random and not one of the easiest blocks IMHO.

As for easy blocks, I would go with the Zig/mar and sidebuddies. Not sure that stardian/stardian would make the easy list - most people I have seen trying it the first few times end up a long way apart having screwed up the vertical move. Donut sidebody/sideflake is also pretty sweet and not that tough...:)

Not one shred of evidence supports the theory that life is serious - look at the platypus.

Not sure that stardian/stardian would make the easy list - most people I have seen trying it the first few times end up a long way apart having screwed up the vertical move:)

Without the vert, Stardian is an easy block. Someone once told me that you don't need vertical moves until your team is averaging more than 10 points on dives from the NSL A class. The vert move is fast, but has risks...so unless your team is pretty good, the reward isn't woth the risk. If someone is looking for easy blocks, I assume they aren't ready for vertical moves.

How about top each:

Random Exits:
A, B, D, E, H, M, P, (star is easy if you line up like a zircon and just go. Outside launch student and inside just dive - everyone presented correctly before the count - people try to make star hard, it's not)

Block Exits:
6, 11, 18, 19

Easy (learner Blocks):
6 (no vert), 19, 21 (21 wins over all of them)

I'd exclude the individual move blocks from the list as they are more random-move flavor (ditto for combo blocks - we treat 13 like a random move also). But if you can zing the individuals and stay tight and level, you have quite a bit of the skills needed already.

The thing with blocks IMO is they are all pretty much the same - you need to understand the intermediate picture and the finish, it's better to finish it strong than start it strong if you can't do both. The rest is just extra. (but each does have a different set of pictures....)

The thing with exits is they are all pretty much the same too. timing and presentation - but we still have inconsistency with some so it's not as clear cut to me as I feel about blocks.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Not doing the vert removes the fun in Stardian Stardian!

So it'll be faster (at first) doing it 2D but you miss the vert training. I would not call it easy though - just check out new teams attempting Stardian in the tunnel. Guaranteed 4W pancacke on the mesh.

If you want to play with Stardian dont take the easy route. But if you want easy blocks try something else.

Zig Mar is the world standard everyone's first block (keep this one 2D). I also like sidebody donut - sideflake donut as an early block. And sidebuddies and bipole-bipole. They look so easy untill you try it.

Dru

I've always done stardian with the vert but I can see it being even easier without it, as long as the OC and point make sure there is enough room in the center to slide the tail through.

Good thing about learning stardian is that the top and bottom pictures are the same so you can make an entire dive of that one move.
History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid.
--Dwight D. Eisenhower

Easy exits?
Personally, I always like P (Sidebody) - lots of grips and no funky presentation. The secret of a good launch is timing, presenting each flyer to the relative airflow and presenting the piece in the same way. Now you know, it should be simple, right ;)

Keep it nice and simple if starting off, and follow the good advice from everyone so far. Infacing formations for exit communication are great. O, M, B and F all fall into this category.

Block techinque - most people learn zig-mar fairly early on (boogie block) Each block has its own idiosyncracies (:S..its a word) but ensuring you have a good solid build at the start and trying to make sure you see the staged pictures throughout the sequence are good general tips for any move.

7, 9 and 14 should be easy as they are just individual flying skills, but just watch those pieces drift apart when you try and blast it! Slow down a notch as a team and the block speed will improve!

Good luck!

Chris
www.southparc.co.uk

Chris I agree with the P. Sidebody is a rock solid exit. Timing is important to an exit but I have to say that PRESENTATION is always #1. Expecially with a "ridgid" formation like P. Bad timing will cause rotation or funk but bad presentation will cause FUNNEL.
Granted both is ideal. O is agood exit as is B but M can be tricky to launch well and F forces everyone to do the exit well due to the lack of grips.

Personally I think that anyone who has to ask these questions is best served by doing Randoms, Stop drills (YUCK!) and fall rate drills.

21 is the "standard" block but doing it well can require a bunch of skill. That being said if you keep them 2-D 6 and 21 are good starts.
Chris