billbooth

Skyhook RSL Pictures

we do not feel that there is a sufficient market in Vector II conversions the justify the cost

Mr. Booth,

What about the hundreds (if not more) Vector2 student rigs currently being used by DZs all around the world?

When SD Aggieland opened, we went total RWS (you know Todd Spillers, he likes your product:)
This has become especially true after a student fatality at a different DZ in TX this past year in which a Skyhook may have saved her life (on a student dolphin, she chopped her linetwisted main at 400ft after loosing altitude awareness). Yes it was a very bad judgement call on the student's part at that DZ, but she may have lived...
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

she chopped her linetwisted main at 400ft after loosing altitude awareness). Yes it was a very bad judgement call on the student's part at that DZ, but she may have lived

Actually this is the Only reason I see any arguement about being able to check visually if the skyhook is still attached (I think this arguement is well covered by bill and I agree with him that its placement is the best he could do and the safest he would trust) but I'll admit under a badly messed up main at low altitude where your normal choice is the "dump reserve into mess and hope for the best" if I had checked my Skyhook (assuming I had one) just before the jump I might be tempted to break away trust that I've got a better chance with the skyhook giving me a clean reserve then dumping the reserve into the mess for the sake of more nylon.. either way your taking a gamble and your in a situation where you've got nothing to loose by doing something and nothing to gain by doing nothing. I'd like to have a skyhook on my rig, when I think about getting a new rig in several years (just got mine and cant afford to switch) a skyhook might be a decision making factor

Good Judgment comes from experience...a lot of experience comes from bad
judgment.