Anta

Logging RW jumps

I've seen that some events require you to have a certain number of a certain type of jumps (eg. I think they want you to have at least 300 RW jumps to participate in the Herc boogie).

I thought that I'd start logging my RW jump numbers as well, to keep track.

Just a stupid question: what exactly would count as an RW jump? Do two-ways count? Do "fun jumps" count eg. you're not doing formations but you're still doing stuff "relative" to others (for example playing tag, tracking dives etc).

thanks

I would only count jumps that I do with others on my belly and where you are staying relative.

The Herc Boogie is geared toward formation skydiving. Usually bigger stuff. They want to make sure you are current at sequential and also current jumping wiht other people. Start working on 10 to 20 ways and use those as your goal.

I haven't been to the Herc Boogie, but one of my bosses is an organizer every year and the way that Boogie is ran is different then a normal Boogie.

Just confirmed with her that the smallest group they did last year was an 8 way.
Dom

Yeah, it's just the definition of "flying relative" I'm after.

And *l*, The Herc boogie was just an example, I wont be ready for that in a long time, at the moment I like being able to count the people around me :)

I wouldnt bother keeping a sequential number of total of RW jumps or anything. Just log what you do with each jump. RW is RW, cant be solo (obvious really) but 2-w works and so do fun jumps. Dont you think RW is fun anyway? ;) I would not call tracking jumps RW, but then if I needed 300 RW for the herc boogie and had to count a few tracking jumps to be there, what the hell.

In the UK we have a reputation for getting very anal on the log book. Dont be bothered by it, just record what you did each jump. If you need to count a particular type of jump, then the info is all there when you need to do the count.

Dru Spork

For the sake of safety and quality skydiving you need a minimum of 300 non student jumps for formation skydiving, and we recommend the skills to fly a sequential (more than one point) 10-way to fully enjoy the organizers.
Freeflyers are required a minimum of 600 freefly jumps, to safely utilize the skills of our FF-organizers.
Swedish regulations require a minimum of 500 jumps (total) for flying Wingsuits.

http://www.herculesboogie.com/04/rules.htm

The above makes me think that you do not need 300 formation skydives for doing Relative work. Just 300 jumps that were not student jumps.

In terms of how much do you log etc.. I have not started loggin much (only 27 jumps) but I would say how many people I was on a jump with and number of points and the type of jump (wingsuit, rw, ff, etc..) If you put this information you should be able to answer any questions people have in the future. Of course height, dist from target etc.. but I was more meaning the description part.

Please let me know how you go, I have been considering trying to get to the herc boogie. Well thats the reason I am going to give myself when I start spending all that money again.

I think I'll go with simply logging my jumps w/out numbering them for "type".

My only point was that then i'd know exactly how many RW/FF jumps I have (well, not that I freefly to data but....).

However, I suppose that you can always make a rough estimate of jump-type numbers, and when the day comes when you have so many jumps you can't keep track of 'em, well, I suppose you're pretty much qualified for most things then :)