HeatherB

FSL teams?

You know? There's likely to be 60 AA teams worldwide. You can find those teams at your level and make contact and share ideas. That's what we did last year and it was very fun - we trash talked teams on both coasts and in the Midwest and I have a few new friends from it. Or, apply a handicap and compete with your local AAA or A teams for drinks or whatever, that could be a fun informal thing to spice it up.

It's kind of the point of the NSL.

So don't worry about the local competition so much if there isn't any (or they are too good, or not at your level yet), just compete with your rankings and try to improve it through the season.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

We're Fast FWD in the NPSL. We did ok last year (from the middle of the pack the previous year to top 6 last year - this year the scores are starting out higher to start so far so it'll be tougher to stay up there), hoping to take it up a notch this year. We're in it for the fun of it.

10.5 stinks, we still get out at full altitude at our meets so we can keep training on the bottom half. Also, the non-meet jumpers want to go all the way up. But don't have near the participation as in the sunny states. (However, this weekend our home DZ opens and it's Cessna's until the Otter shows up the week AFTER our first meet. - So 10.5 for a bit longer)

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

We survived our first meet! There was one other AA team and we were neck and neck for the first three rounds, but then they got ahead. Congrats to Wind Damage!

Chromy was extremely helpful. He helped us out a ton on the creepers and with exits.

There were several blocks that we had never done before. I had never done piver-viper, snowflake offset or chinese tees. lol

Piver-viper was intimidating, but we'll get better at it!

Fun stuff...and we're looking forward to the next meet in Deland! We'll meet for at least one day of training before then. (We aren't a "serious" team) ;)

Cripes you guys had a sweet and easy draw for this weekend. Even an all random (and a fast one). I'll check out the scores and see who you guys are. P-V isn't so intimidating once you see it, it's a rather smooth one really. Glad you had a team to go up against locally. Have fun.

Edit: You're pushing 8 at your very first meet. That's FANTASTIC. And with the talent and coaches down in Florida, you'll be climbing the scores real fast. I'm just hoping me and my guys don't completely tank our first couple meets, we just couldn't break past a certain mark last year.