DrewGPM

PDF's of the new updated dive pool

I've got them in a power point file, each random and block is playing card size (slightly smaller so they can be laminated). Print them and cut them out. Even laminate them - if you're a little obsessive. PM me your e-mail and I'll send the file.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I've got them in an Access database. it has the color codes too, based on our continuity plan. For Bundy-Bundy I used the color codes from the old Bundy random. Not sure if that's the best way to attack it, but it's easy to change.

The printout of the dive pool is great. I am struggling with a random dive generator to use for training jumps.

I can email that if anyone wants it...especially if someone might have the skills needed to finish it.

I've got them in a power point file, each random and block is playing card size (slightly smaller so they can be laminated). Print them and cut them out. Even laminate them - if you're a little obsessive. PM me your e-mail and I'll send the file.

Why do I know yours are laminated?;)
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Why do I know yours are laminated?;)

ahhh - you got my note on the tunnel camp hopes

They were and I'll update the 3 cards on lamination and then later do the 8way updates too. But I found that when I'm planning the practice for the weekend, I'll use the Wagner's PrintPool application more than anything. It's great - we've changed the bitmaps to take out mirrored pictures even so they match our A plan.

This might be even more obsessive :S as it takes time during the week to decide on the weekend goals and then structure specific dives and then use Printpool to kick out the dive plan for that practice. At least compared to randomly shuffling out dives from the cards. (It would be great if I actually knew what I was doing).

But, that's what the little voices are telling me to do.

Who am I to argue?

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

They were and I'll update the 3 cards on lamination and then later do the 8way updates too. But I found that when I'm planning the practice for the weekend, I'll use the Wagner's PrintPool application more than anything. It's great - we've changed the bitmaps to take out mirrored pictures even so they match our A plan.

This might be even more obsessive as it takes time during the week to decide on the weekend goals and then structure specific dives and then use Printpool to kick out the dive plan for that practice. At least compared to randomly shuffling out dives from the cards. (It would be great if I actually knew what I was doing).

You'll love this...One time Brian J and I are doing tunnel...I think with Bob Healy and Steve Johnson...Anyway we are all standing there and we go into the tunnel in like 5 mins...I someon asks what dives we are gonna do.

Brian walks over to the tunnel, grabs the dive board from the last group, and says, "This".

Why do I get the feeling you would have a problem with that?;)

But, that's what the little voices are telling me to do.

Who am I to argue?

Well you should not argue...Thats when you become crazy
"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." -- Thomas Jefferson, Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Brian walks over to the tunnel, grabs the dive board from the last group, and says, "This".

Why do I get the feeling you would have a problem with that?;)

If I was doing any kind of skydiving 4 way with any 3 of those 4 people, in the tunnel or in the air, I wouldn't have a problem with the organization at all.

We take every few practices and just throw out random dives once in a while or let each teammate pick a dive for fun.

No point in arguing with the voices, they just keep repeating themselves (plan this, change that, dirt dive this, burn that building - just the usual stuff)

The printout of the dive pool is great. I am struggling with a random dive generator to use for training jumps.

http://www.ivanpeters.com/skydive/drawgenerator/index.htm

or just set it up on a spreadsheet by numbers and letters........

(Not yet updated with 2005 changes - but will be soon)

Ivan

Hey, that's nice. Here's another I spoke of from above - random or enter what you want and it prints them out 6 dives per page. I don't know when Ted will update it.

http://www.omniskore.com/printpool.htm

I use Excel to generate my random numbers. It works well, but I'd like to keep this as a self contained access program. Can't figure out how to generate a random number in Access.

I assign each formation a random number. Every time you sort the data by that column the number is updated with a new value...so the dives are always different. All I do is paste the values into my access table and VOILA! Training Day is set. The table to add is a one that tracks the points scored on each dive, so we can monitor our progress. We will also be able to see if there are any formations that are kicking our ass...like that damn Piver-Viper >:(

I use Excel to generate my random numbers. It works well, but I'd like to keep this as a self contained access program

Uh, we just stand around at first call and make up some dives....Ya know things we think we need work on...ECT.

Is that wrong?

But we USED to track everything on a XL spread sheet. We had the last 10 block times and used our best and Majics times as bases.

We figured that our best time would be our goal since if we did it once we could should be able to do it again. We then used the deviation from our best to decide what blocks we had the greatest area of improvement.

If we could gain only .2 seconds on say Buddies, but we could gain say .8 on Can "T", we spent more time on Can"T" till another block had a bigger deviation.

oooh oooh me, me, me.....

Can i have a set pleeeeeeeese..

Oh darn it, you said pm you..
I never was one for following instructions ;)

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

I've got them in a power point file,

For those of you I sent the 4-way and 8-way playing card updates to, I apologize, apparently (for me) when I print out the pages, the actual content of the cards (not the colored framing) is invisible to the printer. So I only get a page of colored rectangles, not blocks and randoms. I'll try to fix it and when I do, I'll post here and you all can send me your e-mails again (I've since cleaned up my e-mail so they are all gone)

Any computer experts, here's what I did - I took the .pdf files from Fyoder and took a screen shot (alt-printscreen) of the pool and pasted into Power Point. Then cropped and resized the pics for each card. Then cut and repasted the pic as a Jpeg to make the PP file as small as possible. I don't understand why it looks perfect on the screen but won't print out on the printer. Help.

or those of you I sent the 4-way and 8-way playing card updates to, I apologize, apparently (for me) when I print out the pages, the actual content of the cards (not the colored framing) is invisible to the printer.

I just tried a test print of these, using Powerpoint 2002, and had no problems. Not sure why this wouldn't be working for you.

Thanks for sending these along, btw!

Thanks, it works on my home computer, not the work computer. Apparently it's only my issue. Enjoy.

What's so wrong with laminated dive pool cards?

I have all the randoms and blocks in colour. I have colour coded all of the slots and also changed the formations for left hand door, as, generally a few of the IPC ones are the wrong way around. Email if anyone is interested.

Slightly too big to attach
-----------------------
Connextion: British 8 Way Team
www.bodyflight.co.uk
-----------------------

Have you updated yours by now to include the new stuff, Phil so we can take 'em on training camp?
Shame to have only 'some' of the gear and no idea!:P

We could use them when deciding what to do in the Eloy tunnel. oh, I forgot... awaiting plug :|
www.southparc.co.uk

I have all the randoms and blocks in colour. I have colour coded all of the slots and also changed the formations for left hand door, as, generally a few of the IPC ones are the wrong way around.

We did that with the .bmp's for PrintPool and the left hand mods worked fine, but the app wouldn't give us color - so don't bother coloring if you end up using Print Pool. (I'd ask for your file, but I'm too cheap to go and redo the Kinko's stuff again except for revisions of three or four cards every 3 or 4 years or so. They still ended up at about a buck apiece all told. That's a chunk if your starting out new with the whole 4 and 8 way pools - this last round was only changing one sheet of paper for 6 cards.)

yes - new M, 5 and 12 included.

What do u mean by plug? Is that the thing that's missing from the AZ tunnel?

Shame... I'm still looking forward to our little trip though.

And you need to update that www site of yours...

:P
-----------------------
www.bodyflight.co.uk
-----------------------

Edit the black and white .bmp's in Painbrush (or your favourite graphices package)

Re: expensive laminates. Do it at work, thereby spending their money, doing something skydive related at work and getting paid for it! B|
-----------------------
www.bodyflight.co.uk
-----------------------

Edit the black and white .bmp's in Painbrush (or your favourite graphices package)

That's what we did, then placed them into the source directory for Print Pool to pull. Unforetunately, Print Pool prints out in B&W (that's what I meant by 'app'lication, we colored all the bmps and then it didn't work.) It's the same output as you saw last year on Skyleague draws. Thanks anyway. We don't laminate at work.

Yep, our trip is going to be fun! Let me think, 2 weeks 4-way training or two weeks at work. Even the fact that we have a laminator here can't sway me I'm afraid!

Real work getting in the way of web updates I'm afraid. I'll do it when we have some air to air stuff to put on there.

Counting the days, bud. Counting the days...B|
www.southparc.co.uk