DrewGPM

4-way video

I've got three young teams that are all planning to compete at Nationals in 2005. They have never been there, so they are wondering what to expect from the judges. They are getting tunnel time, coaching and making a ton of practice jumps to prepare for this. I couldn't be prouder of them.

My only advice is to make sure the video person is top notch. Some of the video they had last year was tough to judge because the camera guy was too far away. In others the angle made it tough to see a specific grip.

Two Questions:

1. The team members can coaching and tunnel time, but what about the videograpger? Is there anyone holding camps or private coaching for 4-way camera flyers?

2. Beyond the video, what else should they know about? I don't want them coming back from Perris and saying "I wish I new about X!!!"

. Beyond the video, what else should they know about? I don't want them coming back from Perris and saying "I wish I new about X!!!

That is going to happen anyway. Who is coaching them while they are here?

If it is Dan or one of his PPP Boys or (girls) there is a lot they are not going to know at first.

AS far a 4 way video. It needs to be straight over the top and close. Camera person just needs practice to get used to that. Also the team plays a big part in how good the video is. If they learn to fall straight down, then the camera flyer wil be able to get the right angles. If they are moving around the sky then they are only going to get a real high view and a bunch of bad angles.
Dom