AlexJ

4 Way dive pool changing?

Next IPC annual meeting is in the end of January. Since this is (finally :P) a year of a Cup, not a WPC, the IPC can make changes.
Most likely:
- block 12 will be either modified (to solve the never-ending center-crossing confusion) or replaced (either Satellite-Satellite will be back or it will be something new)
- direction arrow on the tail in block 13 will be removed (it keeps judges confused)
Maybe the FS commitee will come up with other changes to the pool, but most likely that will be it.
There might be much more important changes in the rules than just dive pool though B|.

There might be much more important changes in the rules than just dive pool though

And heads up to all competitors. Read the on-line minutes of this January IPC meeting. You -will- be held accountable for ALL rule changes there even if they haven't made it into print yet.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

I thought they replaced several (and had a bunch of new and former formations and blocks lying in wait), but really all they do is fix problems in the dive pool?

Then howcome some of the older formations and blocks were removed? I was under the impression, that they would return to the divepool at some point.

I havent been skydiving long enough (got my licence and participated in my first Nationals last summer) to have experienced a change of the divepool, but have seen video with formations that are no longer in the divepool.

So, in your opinion the changes will be:
12 fixed or replaced (perhaps an old satelite-satelite, does anyone have a link to a place where I can see the Inter?)
13 - only graphic (on paper instruction) changes?

Then howcome some of the older formations and blocks were removed? I was under the impression, that they would return to the divepool at some point.

Changes 2002 have reduced the pool from 24 to 22 blocks by removing overlaping blocks:
- old #20 and #21 looked pretty much the same, hence #20 was replaced by a new Piver - Viper
- old #5 and #14 shared Bipole hence new #5 became Opal - Opal
- old #16 shared Sideflake-Donat with #2 and Sideflake-Opal with #3 hence was removed
- old #1 shared Snowflake with #23 and was removed (Snowflake-Offset becoming new #1)
- random H Opal (which became block #5) was replaced by Bow
- random F became Open Accordian (for the reason I don't remember)
I personally don't think any of these removed blocks will make it back.

So, in your opinion the changes will be:

Well these are not mine but the IPC FS Committee ideas :P.
I suspect that if they return the old Satellite-Satellite to replace the current #12, they will obviously have to change random O.
As for #13 - not only "paper instruction" changes. The confusion is that judges have to watch both degrees and direction of both point and tail. Hence the idea is to allow tail to rotate in any direction.
But once again - these are only suggestions. And there are more suggestions about serious changes in the rules, not only pool. Let's wait till January.