rehmwa

World Championships

Hey Talbert, DO A TRICK, FOOL! No......TWO TRICKS!

Edited to add that Tim Tennant, Tim D'Annunzio, and Scott Rhodes were all standing around the DZ yesterday talking about the "creative" video job by France. Scott shook his head and said that he thought it wasn't legal that the video was flying around like that. Anyone want to argue with the ONLY six-time 8-way (in slot) gold medalist on the planet?

Chuck

I'll argue with anyone:P

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I'll argue with anyone:P

No you won't.:P

{Hey, if the cameraguy is now, per the rules, a 'teammember' why shouldn't he try to get the best angles for the moves? Seems that Block 12 is all about camera angle. And the teammember change is just recent, so everyone has the same amount of experience with that rule change as the leading world holder of more 8 way golds. SM1?}

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

wooohoooo
Go Synchronicity! B|B|B|

The Girls took gold...then France, then Russia....

Rd 10 4way is apparently still going on and one round left to go for 8way......

I am bouncing round the office doing my happy dance right now :)

You are led through your lifetime by the inner learning creature, the playful spiritual being that is your real self.-Richard Bach

Majik too and CF sequential are finished. Only 8-way left.

Edit: Kurt even had the video posted before the scores were in for round 10. How's that for service. Majik looked good. France looked real good too, like a machine grinding out points - it's very dark there, good cameramen to get the good angle for lighting so fast.

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

I was speaking with Scott Rhodes last night and here are the highlights.

While the camera is a member of the team, he/she is there for the judges (think back to the ground to air days). This also was a reason that most teams did not wear neon colors or red during the 8mm days (bleed), to make it easier on the judges.

Scott also brought up spirit of the rules. Now I have not read them but understand the concept is the camera establishes him/her self over the team and remains in that relative position only until they are required to move.

I'm not a camera guy and I can appreciate the adage "if you're not cheating, your not trying" followed by "if you get caught, you weren't trying hard enough" the fact is a cross is a cross and the top teams got busted.

The only way to eliminate this argument is to pull zipper/star and replace it.

Tim T.
Team Paraclete

I agree with you - I just like to debate things. Either take out 12, force the cog, or whatever. It seems to cause too much pain over the last couple. Thanks for the insight. I'm new at this and always looking for info.

Oh, and mr. Wagner noted that the final US Sequential round of 13 was a new world record. But That's another forum.

Hey Talbert, DO A TRICK, FOOL! No......TWO TRICKS!

Edited to add that Tim Tennant, Tim D'Annunzio, and Scott Rhodes were all standing around the DZ yesterday talking about the "creative" video job by France. Scott shook his head and said that he thought it wasn't legal that the video was flying around like that. Anyone want to argue with the ONLY six-time 8-way (in slot) gold medalist on the planet?

Chuck

;)B| Think I didnt?!

Thanks Chuck

Chris