schwede

Worldrecord?

Which club has the record of the largest RW formation and how big is it?

Done by club members!!!!!!!!

Information highly appreciated

POPS is a club. Their record is (I think) 100-way, and you have to be a member to be on the jump.

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

I could halfway buy that!!! But what I'm after is a recorded record of a skydiving club with members (who usally jump at that particular DZ) whom done a big formation...

Well, the particular DZ is an issue, but in all other respects POPS is a club. You pay dues, have a membership card, participate in POPS events...

So your club record is a 10-way???

Reg the POPS.. Yes, it is an association but consists of members from different clubs!!

What I am looking for is the biggest formation done done by members of a single club/DZ.

e.g we have done a 23-way with only members from my home dz - we have done a 21-way nude also with members from my home dz.. These are the type of records I'm looking for...

But obviously there is no such record documented. I know of state records, like we did in Baden-Wurtemberg 50 way - or the worldrecord in a Nation-way 108 by the norwegians.. The germans are now in Dubai for trying out the 120 way.... The swiss are also going after the 120 way this year, The finns will chase the 100+ later in the summer... But they are nation records... I look for the small home dz records.. Which could be a world record...
Schwede
"Das Leben ist schön, nicht immer aber immer öfter"

>What I am looking for is the biggest formation done done by
>members of a single club/DZ.

Problem is that most big-way jumpers go all over to do records. Am I a San Diego, Perris or Elsinore local? Which San Diego DZ is "mine?" Was I a local on the Elsinore DZ record? Who would be the 'locals' if the event happened at Rantoul?

Yepp I see the problem... In Sweden we have only 1 commercial DZ the rest are run by associationlike organisations on a non-profit basis. Norway, Denmark & Finland have a similar situation. But still you have the same people coming to their DZ...

For instance the 300 way in Chicago would not count as a club record, same with the 120 way 2 point at Z-hills last easter as many came who usally jump at different DZs around the world.

But if you have had people attending who normally attend this specific DZ and they do a 50-way or a 100+ way.. I would consider that a club record.....

Did I make myself clerarer of what type of record I'm looking for....???

All help to clear this question is highly appreciated.
Schwede
"Das Leben ist schön, nicht immer aber immer öfter"

Yepp I see the problem... In Sweden we have only 1 commercial DZ the rest are run by associationlike organisations on a non-profit basis. Norway, Denmark & Finland have a similar situation. But still you have the same people coming to their DZ...

For instance the 300 way in Chicago would not count as a club record, same with the 120 way 2 point at Z-hills last easter as many came who usally jump at different DZs around the world.

But if you have had people attending who normally attend this specific DZ and they do a 50-way or a 100+ way.. I would consider that a club record.....

Did I make myself clerarer of what type of record I'm looking for....???

All help to clear this question is highly appreciated.

Well, we've done a 60 way in Chicago that was all local jumpers, June 2000 or thereabouts.

OK.. Now we are talking...

60 way in Chicago!!! That could be considered as a club record.

Any more bids??

We did a 64 way with all local jumper at Perris in 1981.:P
Sparky

That was an unofficial world record for awhile if I'm not mistaken. I used to have a jigsaw puzzle of that one, blew me away to see it one day in a game store. Saw you, Al Krueger, Barry Bardack, Rudi, robin, Ed Marsh ( one of my wedding ushers), Glory (RIP), and many others. Bought the sucker then & there. It's long gone now...

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

OK.. Now we are talking...

60 way in Chicago!!! That could be considered as a club record.

Any more bids??

We did a 64 way with all local jumper at Perris in 1981.:P
Sparky

That was an unofficial world record for awhile if I'm not mistaken. I used to have a jigsaw puzzle of that one, blew me away to see it one day in a game store. Saw you, Al Krueger, Barry Bardack, Rudi, robin, Ed Marsh ( one of my wedding ushers), Glory (RIP), and many others. Bought the sucker then & there. It's long gone now...

Thats when a world record had to be completed in 60 sec. and held for 5 sec. I still have my puzzle. Maybe some day I will put it together.
Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals