CharlieG

Airspeed RW Camps

If you are talking about skills camps at Eloy, then yes, you will learn a lot. You will jump everyday with a different Airspeed coach and with people with like skill level, every jump is debriefed by your coach and they will make suggestions and help you get better. I shoot video for the Airspeed skills camps and I get to watch almost every jump from day 1 and the progress is pretty astounding to me.
I'm only slightly biased but I say spend the dough and you will not be sorry. (those airspeed guys and girl are pretty nice people too) If you decide to do it find me at the dz and I'll introduce you around.

Hi!

I'm from Portugal and I have already been at 3 of those (Eloy, AZ)!

It's the best way to learn the basics (and from there going to an advanced perspective) of Formation Skydiving!

Those guys are simply great, efficient and smooth.

They'll let you know what exactly you'll need to improve, focusing on one or 2 aspects at a time and never forgeting and practising what you do best.

It's one of the best tools for those wishing to learn! Definitely worths the money and certainly you won't regret.

There are no words to explain how you will feel at the end of one of those Skills Camps: if you attend one, you'll understand what I'm talking about! It's an experience that you won't ever forget in your life! But be careful: you may become addicted!

Blue Skies! B|
-----------------------------
Mario Santos
Portugal

LOL, I've been to so many of those I've lost count. Seriously. :P

Yes, as far as I'm concerned, they are worth every penny. You'll learn more in those nine days than you would in hundreds of jumps without the coaching and video.

Have you been to a tunnel camp yet? You may want to consider one of those first, just to get your individual flying skills honed in, then go to a 4-way camp.

I want to the 4-way camp first, saw a bunch of people there who had fewer jumps than me but could fly circles around me, found out their secret (tunnel) and immediately signed up for a tunnel camp. :D
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Your profile doesn't mention your experience. So if you are getting the basics figured out, I'd recommend the tunnel first as BBabe did. Then you have more to work with when you go a jumping-type camp.

Actually, if you are not yet flying mantis, go to the tunnel camp even if you are experienced.

good luck, I'm jealous

Driving is a one dimensional activity - a monkey can do it - being proud of your driving abilities is like being proud of being able to put on pants

Thanks all for that. From what you've said i should book right now !! just the cost is around $3000 for me to get there and having just got back 4 days ago form the Eloy boogie it's a bit hard to find the cash. Yes i went to Perris for an hour coached tunnel time with Andy to learn the mantis whilst over at Eloy. Fantastic or what. If anyone knows of another similar camp in Europe (not UK don't think they do them) or cheaper in other places in UK please let me know.

Thanks Charlie xx
Team "FOOK"

If you are talking about skills camps at Eloy, then yes, you will learn a lot....
...I say spend the dough and you will not be sorry.

What he said...

I highly recommend the camps, having done a few of them myself. It's alot of money, but the value is unbeatable.