arlo

2003 Nationals and other USPA stuff from July mtg

check out the USPA website for the latest from the July meeting.

*2003 Nationals (both "regular" and collegiate) will be at Lake Wales.

*Changes have been made to the Skydivers Competition manual, but the USPA doesn't say what those "minor" changes are. I know there was discussion about reducing the minimum meet requirement to 1 round from 6, but I checked the revised manual (which is effective Aug 2002) and it still states 6 rounds....whew.

* $5 membership fee

Those were the biggies that I noticed. If you compete, it would behoove you to take a look at the new manual and make sure your ass is covered at Nats this year. Remember, this manual is effective Aug 2002....

other than that, have a safe one,
arlo :ph34r:

I talked to Marylou over the 4th of July weekend, and although they wanted to model the 1 round meet minimum for FS, there wasn't a valid motion to do that, so they had to keep the meet minimums as they were. I expect that to change for next year (esp if nats are at Lake Whales!) All other disciplines had a motion and are at a 1 round minimum - I hope there is a good tie-breaker system.

although they wanted to model the 1 round meet minimum for FS, there wasn't a valid motion to do that, so they had to keep the meet minimums as they were.

Thanks for the update, weid.

ltdiver

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

yeah Dave, what was scary was the email response I got from her a couple months back regarding my concern about the 1 round minimum. I believe Kurt also posted a response on the NSL website...which was really needed. Shit like that falls thru the cracks and is voted on before we even know it's on the agenda. I'm just glad this didn't get by us....this time. We as competitors have to stay on top of this, but then again, I'm preaching to the choir. :)
BTW, how the hell are ya? :) See ya in Titusville next weekend?

arlo:ph34r: <--looks like me, eh? hehe

We're going to go to the ranch meet in NY this coming weekend. We'll be at the August FSL meet in DeLand though!

Cool beans! You guys go rip it up at the Ranch (hello to Jack and the gang for me) and as far as the FSL meet in Aug....GAME ON!! ;)

be safe,
arlo:ph34r:

no change in minimums for this year, but for 2003 mins will be 1 round in all events. Also, the biggest news of all. 2003 Nationals will be back in Fla. at Lake Wales. Does USPA ever learn??? Has there ever been a successful nationals in FLA.

The only reason that Sebastion was not good was cause they moved the meet up a month from the great weather in October into the hurricane season of September, because Airspeed whined that the october nats would have been too close to the world meet and they were not going to show up, so they moved it to September. There will be better weather in Lake Wales in 2003 than the likely weather in Chicago for 2002. Plus Fayard will be able to bring in a huge fleet for nationals, and the airport is nice and big. Lake Wales will kick ass (not as good as Eloy prob, but no where is).

Jonathan
www.gtinviscid.com
Jonathan Bartlett
D-24876
AFF-I