ferrarimv

Anyone has an Extra SIM 2012 Book???

Hi.
I'm a r00kie.
I really really want to get into skydiving, and I'm going over to my local DZ for Safety Day, official 1st day of Beginning of Season this Saturday.

Planning to sit through lectures and jump my tandem, and start my work towards my "A" B|

Really really excited!
Can't wait till I/we leap over the edge of the door!! ;)

Well anyway...I wanted to get a HARDCOPY (book format) of Skydiver's Information Manual SIM 2012.

And I know it costs $26+ from USPA site, but figured I'd ask this great community and maybe someone has an extra one laying around that they could "sacrifice" and mail it to me ;)

Thank you so so much!!
And cant wait to start reading & learnig & jumping & do more reading & learning.

P.S.
(I'm a SAFETY FREAK by nature & always overcautious) :$
:::Skydive - Preacher :::

~~Truly, truly, I say to you, unless one is born from above he cannot see the kingdom of God~~ (Jn3:3)

Why not just focus on the first few parts of section 4 (Student learning program) and the BSR's section 2? You don't need a full hardcopy for that.

The problem with trying to 'jump start' your learning solo, is that it can be hard to unlearn stuff. Instructors are good people.

This is the current edition of the SIM, so finding someone to 'Donate' it to you would be tough. We had to pay for them :P

"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

This is the current edition of the SIM, so finding someone to 'Donate' it to you would be tough. We had to pay for them :P

What he said.....

If you really want a hard copy but not willing to pay for it. Download the free .pdf and print the sections you need. Sections 2, 4, and 5 would be a great start.

DJ Marvin
AFF I/E, Coach/E, USPA/UPT Tandem I/E
http://www.theratingscenter.com

What he said.....

If you really want a hard copy but not willing to pay for it. Download the free .pdf and print the sections you need. Sections 2, 4, and 5 would be a great start.

This. And its free. :P
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Work late and "barrow" paper from the office and print a coppy for your local DZ! They will thank you for it!
Life through good thoughts, good words, and good deeds is necessary to ensure happiness and to keep chaos at bay.

The only thing that falls from the sky is birdshit and fools!

Work late and "barrow" paper from the office and print a coppy for your local DZ! They will thank you for it!

First off, Barrow?

Secondly, the dz probably already HAS a 'coppy'.

Third, it's easier and fairly cheap to take it to Kinkos and get them to print it off, both sided and bind it together.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

First off, Barrow?

Secondly, the dz probably already HAS a 'coppy'.

Third, it's easier and fairly cheap to take it to Kinkos and get them to print it off, both sided and bind it together.

There is also an app now that you can get on your smartphone.
Life is all about ass....either you're kicking it, kissing it, working it off, or trying to get a piece of it.
Muff Brother #4382 Dudeist Skydiver #000
www.fundraiseadventure.com