Canuckflyr

Wing Loading a comp Velo.

I'm 170lbs out the door, Im currently loading up with 24lbs of lead under a Velo comp 90 putting me at around 2.15. I'm allowed to wear 34lbs (2.26) in competition but I'm wondering if this makes sense to obtain a greater wing loading or if I should be jumping an 84 loaded up. I was under the impression that a larger wing with a decent wing loading would fly further. I guess my question is what size canopy would best suit the all around distance, and speed events for a person of my size?

I jump a comp 90 loaded at 2.5 and a comp 79 at 2.85 and it is hard for me to say that I know exactly the difference. If you are fairly dialed in on your 90, you would probably be a lot better of with that compared to get an 84 which is known to fly and feel quite different to your 90. (I have no personal experience with that though). However, I can say that my 90 and 79 may feel the same initially, the more I fly them the more I notice the subtle differences. Long story short: It is impossible to give this kind of advice over the internet, but I guess it is always safe to say that you are probably better of keeping the money you would loose by selling the 90 and buy an 84 and spend it on some quality coaching :)