morris

Does anyone like the new rules?

Lets say worst case scenario for this: 7m/s in the summer, in Longmont. The roll out ground speeds of the top quarter of competitors will be in the 90mph range.

Worst case scenario?? Best case scenario!!!
Just close your eyes and think about it, no, dream about it...
The location Dave is mentioning....
The conditions Dave is mentioning....
The 2011 rules....!
Heaven!

The new rules significantly limited EVERYONE's distance at our last training camp. We'd have been going much, much farther otherwise.

Now try to deny (with a serious face and without laughing, biting on your cheeks for blanking purposes doesnt count!) it would have been much more fun to go much, much farther!

If we only did events that I liked there'd be quite a few less events :P

The reality is that is not comparable. It really is apples and oranges. I love the feeling of going far. I also love being challenged, and the new distance challenges me as a pilot far more than the old rules.

Performance Designs Factory Team

I can understand that you love being challenged. But unfortunately I´m sure that at least 50% of the competitors (could be as well +90%) have already been challenged enough before.
And at least in Europe there just isnt (almost) any possiblity to train on a pond in wintertime (~early November till late March). Lillo could be an option but its almost ever empty. So you´d need to fly longdistance, not just a two hour cardrive or a domestic flight. Something you just cant expect from the majority of persons (for example due to financial reasons)...