morris

What colour would you choose for a pondliner?

Black. although other colors may "look nicer" it makes seeing markers much more difficult at altitude. Function over form!

I wonder if there is a need/ability to have some sort of lighted beacon on the top of the entry gate markers? Something bright enough to be seen in the middle of the day, maybe being reflected off the water with some sort of contrasting color?
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Interesting thought! Never thought about this, just thought about how nice blue would look... Do you really think it would make seeing markers that much more difficult? Maybe I could compensate for this by using a colour for the markers that is as easy to spot as possible, something like bright orange for example...?

I got your point of the better visible markers if a black liner is used.
But how about olive-green?
(A colours I havn´t really been thinking about before.) This would be pretty dark as well - but would maybe make the pond look much more like a natural pond? Especially being surounded by grass....
A colour called "terracotta" (a bit more red than the sand-coloured liner) is available as well.
In addition they produce grey but this is by far the most expensive one and I don´t like the colour either.
I, myself, still think that blue would be pretty nice and impressive... hmmmm... what to do...