rhino

Curious? Cold weather and lines?

While I don't have the stats for canopy lines, I did have experience with similar Dacron and Nylon braided cord. About -30C was considered the lower working temperature. Colder that that and there was conpromise in structural integrity.
BUT....you really can't look at one variable alone. There are many more factors you must consider when determining textile performance.
I wouldn't sweat it...
"Slow down! You are too young
to be moving that fast!"

Old Man Crawfish

Relax.
As long as you keep your lines dry, cold weather has little affect.
Remember that most of the older parachute materials have passed exhaustive cold weather testing by the military. Military jumpers routinely do HAHO jumps that include opening at 25,000 feet where it is always below freezing.
Velcro is one of the few older parachute materials that is affected by cold - making it stiffer to release. Oh and some types of plastic stiffeners crack easier at minus 30 degrees. So don't slam your gear around when jumping in minus 30 weather.
What am I saying? Slamming gear around, or getting it wet are dumb practices in any weather.

So don't slam your gear around when jumping in minus 30 weather.
What am I saying? Slamming gear around, or getting it wet are dumb practices in any weather.

Jumping in minus 30 weather is a dumb practice but that's just my opinion!

:D
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.