seanlarose

Source for noodles

I'm trying to set up a new CP course at our DZ, and I'm wondering where everyone gets their pool noodles from. I used to just find them at the dollar store, etc... but it seems you're generally at the mercy of whatever colours they have in stock. I'm looking for somewhere I can get a good variety of colours so I can make proper speed and zone acc courses. Any ideas? Thanks guys and gals!
Sean LR

I only use the noodles as markers for water gates in ZA, the lane for distance and a few ZA land zones (entry into the Zone 1, Zone 5 and the end of the course). Beyond that I use traditional gates. 10ft windblades and 5ft windblades that were built for Texas Swoopers a few years ago by Todd Spillers. In those I use what has always been used, crappie fishing poles.

As for the source of the noodles that I use, its whomever has them on sale at the time, be it the Dollar Store, Wal-Mart, Academy, whatever.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I grab mine at the Dollar store...seriously.

Walmart, etc have them but the price adds up quickly

One must also add that standard sized noodles will not stand straight up for long in the sun and are generally slipped over the top of 1" PVC pipe to add a degree of rigidity.

Also, I have noticed that there are two different inner diameters for pool noodles. I've used the smaller inner diameter ones in the past. They are a pain to work them on the PVC pipe but they stay put once you get them on.

They are a seasonal item at Walmart so you might be forced to go to a pool store depending on the time of year.