wildcard451

Torn RDS slider

So I had an interesting event this weekend. Deployed into line twists, was able to kick out, but when the slider finished coming down, it had come undone from the rear rings and was flapping around. On video review it appears that the rear edge cutaway lanyard works itself out during the spin.
Befor I could control the edge, it seems that the R cable hit the slider and cut it in two places and scratched a third. I did not notice this until the next jump. I was using just the removable slider at the time and did not have the bag and pilot chute attached.

-Is this a common occurance during line twists that I need to be more aware of and control that edge faster?
-would a patch significantly affect the slider performance?

-any other points of caution from those more experienced that I need to be aware of or other anecdotal pearls of wisdom?

Partially due to my enjoyment of using paid packers and also due to rarified air molecules, I've had some twists over the past few years of using a RDS. One of which ended in a spinning chop.

None of the times did the RDS come apart/tear or let go.

Do you have a Scott Roberts RDS? If so, e-mail him. He has some refurb sliders that you might score for a song for your setup.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."