rhys

Swoop specific weight belt reccomendations

Hi all,

I wish to make a weight belt specific for swooping that can hold between 4 and 9 kilograms of lead.

Does anyone have any recommendations of what should or should not be incorporated and how. Any suggestions greatfully considered.

thanks,

Rhys
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I have tried a fitness weight belt with moderate success. It has weight pockets on the back side too, so it was not really comfortable to wear.

I got some ankle weights too. Those are 1 Kg each. It was quite OK to jump with that. I think I did only H&P with those.

I am thinking of a belt that clips to the hip rings (vector micron) but also has a quick release system.

I would prefer not to have material between me and my rig. maximum comfort is the aim.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I am thinking of a belt that clips to the hip rings (vector micron) but also has a quick release system.

I would prefer not to have material between me and my rig. maximum comfort is the aim.

You probably already know but be careful of using materials that will nick the rings or cause wear directly to the webbing or leg straps.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

I've made a couple of these for FS. The ridge marks are actually skinnylong pockets that have about 4 lbs total of lead sewn in permanently. When it's on, these fit in the gap between the backpad and MLW of my micron V304. They actually make the rig fit a little better in and I don't get any rig shift in freefall. I've got padded laterals but there was still just a little space there.

Saw some of these at Skydive Dallas, but the ones there had the ridges all the way across the back and they felt a bit funny to me with my rig on.

The inside front has the zippers to add pouches and I can fit about 6 or 8 more pounds in the front. If I was making one for a swooper, I guess I could just make the whole thing "taller" to be able to load more lead in there.

It's adjustable, but the straps are hidden in the front covers/pockets and a little super tack through the webbing makes it temporarily fixed so that the fit stays consistent.

Inside of it is lined with padded parapak which, while thin, does make a difference. Feel free to send me a PM if you have any specific questions.

Sorry for the blurry pictures...

Ben
Mass Defiance 4-wayFS website

sticks!

You probably already know but be careful of using materials that will nick the rings or cause wear directly to the webbing or leg straps.

I'm thinking of using an old set of risers.

I'm thinking of using an old set of risers.

well the 3 ring system didn't work as the hip rings were too low for me to use the system as a belly cradle as well.

To avoid reposting I have made;

A link

to the thread I posted the pictures in, scroll down to post 15 to view the photos of my creation.

;)