lilchief

Broken steering line

During the Norwegian CP nationals a foreign participant entered. his "technique" was go low and dig out(toggles at torso height). During round 4 his left steering line broke during the leveling off phase of the swoop. His was thrown into the water but was fine. We inspected his steering line and it broke of at about 1 inch above where the excess steering line stops above the cat eye. The lines was dirty and seemed to be vectran, but I'm not sure. It looked as a freak accident until he said that he had 750 jumps on the steering lines!!

the fact that 5 jumps previous he did the same kind of landings but over hard soil/tarmac, gives me the creeps. If that had happened, we would have a serious injury upon us. His neglect for his own equipment and his way of hooking makes me almost wish that he got hurt enough to either stop jumping or at least change his attitude towards his way of flying...

I hope there aren't many like this guy out there...[:/]
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no