-------------------- ------- ------- ------ ------ ------ ------ ------
Derrick Krakau 4.77s 5.47s 188' 200' 56 69 543.77
Jeremy Payne 4.17s 5.01s 173' 219' 0 35 418.30
*Joel Cook 5.77s 7.84s 187' 200' 0 69 400.54
*Dan Raymond vert vert 256' 201' 0 0 191.78
Henry Wojdyla vert vert 156' 195' 0 0 149.98
*Giedrius Kasiulynas vert 7.47s vert 107' 0 0 115.93
John Zagoda vert vert vert vert 0 0 0.00

*denotes pilots who were scored using the pro handicap (5' gates & 220' speed carve)

This meet was held at Sky Knights in East Troy, WI on June 21, 2008. Wind conditions were cross/upwind for the entire meet and moderately gusty at 8mph to 15mph (estimated). We tried something a little different in zone accuracy. Amateur pilots were required to fly through 10' entry gates to get a scoring run. However, they were not awarded gate points unless they flew below the 5' markers. This produced tangible differences in the scores and rewarded more precise flying that better simulated the toe drag. For example, in round 2 of zone accuracy, Derrick flew below the 5' markers for all gates and landed in zone 1. He received a score of 69 (60 gate points and 9 zone points). Jeremy flew below the 10' marker at gate 1 but he did not fly below the 5' markers for any of the gates except gate 4 and he landed in zone 4. He received a score of 35 (4 gate points and 31 zone points).

by the scores it looks like you guys had some pretty challenging conditions.
Heres what we do in Florida for the meets where we don't have water-
Pro's- must eclipse the the first f5 ft. gate to score. and they are awarded points for eclipsing 5 foot gates. they are not required to drag. we do set up a waters edge/deadzone.
Amatuers- must eclipse at least 1- 10 foot gate to get a score. It can be any one. They receive points for eclipsing the 10 ft gates. But they are not allowed to cut in or make an unsafe manuver. they're entire approach should be within the inisible lines that extend up above the course. They can use their strategy to decide if which gates they want to eclipse based on how far they are able to go, and the wind conditions of the day.

Congrats on the meet we finished up here in the Southeast for the season. now were just watching your scores, and waiting for nationals. When's the next meet in IL???
Watch out for planters.

I had fun. Gonna do my best to make it to the next meet. I want to thank the guys that came up from SDC to participate at this one and I am glad that everyone had a decent time.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka