james309

Swooping Preperations

I currently have about 220 jumps. I am interested in swooping in the future. I have taken the Flight 1 essential skills course twice, and I try to work on the exercises I learned in this course on every jump. i want to wait until I have at least another 300 jumps before I start swooping. What I'm wondering is what should I be doing between now and then. Are there intermediate exercises I can be doing between what the Flight 1 course covers and swooping. I guess what I'm wondering is what is the next step from here? All my landing are good stand ups with almost no running. I thought about downsizing, but I want to ring every bit of performance out of this canopy before I downsize. What are your recommendations?
You only live once, but If you live like I did once is enough.

If you have access to the Flight-1 guys, then do the advanced course with then and then do the in air skills course. That will get you going a long way there.

Having taken the basic course, you at know about landing patterns, accuracy, stalls and flat turns. You should have a solid grasp of the foundation. From there its now time to work on playing with your front risers on some altitude clear and pulls. Get a feel for it and also work on bailing out of your front riser maneuver with your toggles. Remember, wing level.

Do you have a local canopy coach or mentor? You really need one, since swooping isn't something you can read about in a book or the internet and perform. Just like Daniel couldn't do karate by reading a book.;)

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

I I have taken the Flight 1 ...
What I'm wondering is what should I be doing between now and then. What are your recommendations?

If you have access to the Flight-1 guys

Hint hint. ;) Please, try to avoid learning to swoop on the internet.