scp

Removing the floating PC and bridle when under canopy?

I saw some pics of guys swooping and stuff and they were landing without their pilot chutes and bridles floating behind them, How the hell does that work? How do you do it guys? I was surprised when I saw it and thought hey these 5 guys can't all be under their reserves and swooping at the same time!:S Someone explain that one to me please.

It's called RDS(Removable Deployment System). The pilotchute as normal is attached to the d-bag, but the d-bag is attached to the slider. There are a couple of different systems available, but all disconnect the slider from the grommets(or similar) that stays on the lines.

It's made to improve swoops, but they will only add a couple of feet extra. There are plenty of other things you may do before RDS will have an effect for you. The big cons with RDS is the high risk for assembling it wrong, that will almost certain give you a nice reserve ride....hopefully =P

I know PD has one system and one producer of RDS in Germany.

One good thing of having the slider of is that wear on grommets and risers(or lines if the slider won't get below your links/slinks) will be a lot less I think. But still it's minor compared to the awareness of packing and extra time required to stow it all away under a fast canopy =)
"Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been and there you long to return." - Da Vinci
www.lilchief.no