kamalasound

Italian Swoop Tour and speed issues.

I have no idea if anyone of you will be in Italy on the 14 - 15 April, but we are organizing the first meet of the Italian Swoop Tour that will be held on the beaches of Anzio (exactly where the U.S. troups landed to save italians from nazism).
The competition will be distance and speed and wil be held according to the FAI rules.
Gates will be 1,5 metres and security issues have all been delt with.
We are not understanding though if there is a prefixed distance between the 2 speed gates in order to have an appropriate measurment comparing to other competitions.
I mean, we can set the gates at any distance and set the computer to have a correct speed reading but the closer they are the higher will be the speed because it measures the medium speed between the 2 gates therefore I wanted to know what is the international prefixed distance between the two gates.

For more info's you can PM or send e-mail to:
[email protected]

Hey Belgium genius, if you were to read english you would notice that there is no specification of the distance between the two set of cells that will decide the correct speed. They could be at 10 20 or 30 metres distance one from the other and this would make a huge difference in average speed. We are now setting them at aprox. 15 metres and speeds are high in the 90's km/h, but if we set them further apart they will be lower obviously.

You still do not understand that the difference between the course and the distance between the cells is not clear in the rules. Just damn tell me if they have to be at 70 metres or if this is not the case.

BTW there are going to be 3 FAI CP judges therefore they will set up the course. I am just wanting to know now.

You still do not understand that the difference between the course and the distance between the cells is not clear in the rules. Just damn tell me if they have to be at 70 metres or if this is not the case.

"ADDENDUM B - SPEED COURSE

1. The Speed course must have an angle of 75* and be 70 metres long measured along the centreline of the course (see addendum F). The carving course must have a radius of 53.48 meters."

Addendum F is a very helpful annotated diagram of a speed course. In future you might want to read the documents people give you before insulting them for trying to help. In my experience insulting people makes them much less likely to help you the next time you ask them.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?