rhys

to hybrid or not to hybrid? JVX help!

have my name on the list for my JVX84 I really want to get the hybrid, it will be cut early november.

but i am not 100% sure it will fit in my container,

I have a vector 3 dunno the size but it was an airspeed rig and fit my heatwave120 in there snug!.

My FX89 is a little loose if anything.

will a JVX with sail on the top skin fit?

I need to decide in the next couple of days!

help
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

hopefully Mark Shimmel replies. He bougtht an 84 hybrid. I called him before I bought a used JVX96 - had excellent advice. don't forget the RDS takes up some extra room - some more than others.

if this is a dedicated swoop canopy, I'd go all sail and buy an affordable container that will fit it without a struggle. will also fit a reasonable sized reserve. just so happens I am selling a V3 340 for a friend!

rm

The hybrid will fit, and you will love it, I would definately go sail top skin all the rest zp. Your canopy will last longer because the top skin takes the largest amount of wear, and would now be a material that is proven to wear less. Plus if you cant afford the rig now like most of us, then the Hybrid is the way to go. Plus I think there is something about the hybrid design, but its just a theory, Long swoops Nick

Hey Nick are you on a Hybrid now when you did your bomber 665 foot swoop or are you on a full sail material canopy? Part of me wishes I went with the Hybrid and/or full sail material version of a JVX instead of picking up Mark's old 87. But the 87 is still ultra fun to fly and I have tons to learn about it (make no mistake it's still a very very fast canopy for someone like myself).

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over