AggieDave

CPC sponsered pilots

How many non-pro CPC pilots have some sort of sponsership?

This is not being asked due to me looking for a sponsership, although that would be nice I actually have a grasp on reality and know that if that ever happens for me it will be years from now. I'm curious to see if people/companies/etc are actually sponsering CPC pilots that aren't pro.

Personally I'd rather see up and comer swoopers getting sponsered, driving the sport to grow and excel from the "bottom up" then from the top down. Although I do love the sponsered pros and they have earned the right and privlage to have those sponserships (and it does an incredible amount to help propel and advance our discipline of choice).

Yeah yeah, go ask on the CPC site. This site has more traffic and I would love to see non-CPC folks respond as well.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

He's my status:

- 2nd year CPC member (as well as 2nd year swoop competitor).
- Currently holding an "advanced" competitor status allowing me to compete in PST and CPC events this season.
- No sponsor (if you don't count myself as the sponsor)

Last season in CO, there were 4 CPC guys who had a sponsor. But it wasn't like a sponsorship that would send them to events or buy them jumps. Their sponsor just gave them some clothing and access to a cheaper canopy (with the company's logo on it). Of course Spizzarko can tell you much more about what he got and didn't get as he was/is one of those sponsored jumpers.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

there were a few "up and comers" last year at the CPC championships that were sponsored. i'm not sure who and how much support they were getting though.

i read a really good autobiography about Michael Jordon a little while ago (yes i can read). and in there he talked about how basketball players now are getting/expecting shoe deals and commercials before they've actually earned it because the companies all want the newest and best players to be associated with their company. but when that newest and best player doesn't live up to the hype or expectations then the companies get all bent out of shape about it cause they just lost a billion dollars or what ever.
same kind of thing with skydiving companies, when they sponsor someone they are investing in that person, and when that person doesn't deliver they lose money. that might be why us "up and comers" (me included) don't get as much support as the more experienced guys, because we haven't proved to be in it for the long haul.

then other people just don't want to be sponsored because that more pressure and responsibility they don't want.

just my thoughts on the subject.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

when they sponsor someone they are investing in that person, and when that person doesn't deliver they lose money. that might be why us "up and comers" (me included) don't get as much support as the more experienced guys, because we haven't proved to be in it for the long haul.

Right. I was thinking of CPC pilots in the next few years. That way there's enough time to show a record of improvement and competitions. It'll be interesting to see if manufactors (or DZs) will start giving small sponserships to some of the CPC types.

yup, next few years should be pretty bad ass.

That's one of the reasons why I was stiring the pot a bit on the other site in regards to all the districts working together and having the same rules/scoring.