audwiz

Accuracy for Intermediates ?

Just wondering:--- Should Intermidiate CP's (less than 1000 jumps) be allowed to do accuracy in competition ? I'd like to hear all the pro's & cons(not just the obvious:- fixation etc).Also suggestions for rule "re-arrangement" for intermediates ( double gates,limited turn angle-(180deg max)etc).
My thoughts are that one day Intermediates will be "Open" class-how do we get "experience" in comp,and not have to start off at 1000 jumps as a "newbie" accuracy pilot.

Thoughts & experience ?

<<<< >>>>

Just wondering:--- Should Intermidiate CP's (less than 1000 jumps) be allowed to do accuracy in competition ? I'd like to hear all the pro's & cons(not just the obvious:- fixation etc).Also suggestions for rule "re-arrangement" for intermediates ( double gates,limited turn angle-(180deg max)etc).
My thoughts are that one day Intermediates will be "Open" class-how do we get "experience" in comp,and not have to start off at 1000 jumps as a "newbie" accuracy pilot.

Thoughts & experience ?

well, the way it is set up now it is 500 jumps to be in the cpc.

they added a handicap system for the more experianced guys to add an incentive to them to come down to the CPC level and compete with newer swoopers and to help teach them. so im guessing what your looking for is already there.

Join the CPC and go out and compete.

Join the CPC and go out and compete.

Sorry dude, we're in South Africa :(

The competitions that Jasper is referring to are our Intermediate Canopy Piloting Nationals and a new regional Competition that will be taking place every few months.

Personally, i can't see why if you're letting a bunch of dudes aim at a set of gates on a distance round, why they can't do the same and go for accuracy? Am i missing something?

Having competed could you clue me in as to if there are more injuries with guys going for zones? I would have thought all the dangers in a swoop comp lay in the corner?

Thanks for your time.

Advertisio Rodriguez / Sky

Thanks Peej !
Sorry Guys-should have been more specific.
The "talk" about it is so that intermediates don't get "fixated" about having to land in a specific area.A fair enough comment-as a dicipline,CP is newish in S.A. would like opinions and experienced pilots to comment :)
J

<<<< >>>>

If the pilot is experienced enough to hit gates, they are experienced enough to do Zone Accuracy. The most notable difference between intermediate accuracy and pro accuracy is what the judges will let a competitor get away with (typically the pro guys can do more without a warning or a red card). Being strict with safety guidelines, and informing competitors that they will be red flagged for any dangerous activity (dropping toggles, stalling, etc) should be enough of a deterrant.

Blues,
Ian
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders. ~ Lao-Tzu

It's all good, they're my brothers ~ Mariann Kramer