Viking

Altimaster II vs Altimaster III

Feel free to do it, I wouldn't recommend it, though. But then again, I only have about 250 FF jumps, so what do I know.

modesty is a fine virtue!!!! ;) i only wish i could be as modest as you are about your knowledge on FF, when drinking beer

and what about altimeters mounted just above the reserve handle? i've seen that to with some skydivers... or on the hip-ring area?

Check out the site of the Fallen Angels FreeflY Organisation:
http://www.padliangeli.org

Something I was told by a much more experienced FFer when I raised the same questions was to think about burbles and clean air. You want your altimeter in clean air so it will read more correctly. If you are curious if a spot you're thinking of has clean air or not, you can put a pull up cord there and watch it on a jump. Is it taunt, being pulled by the wind? Then you're getting clean air at that point.

Obviously you would make sure to keep something like a pull-up cord away from your handles, 3-rings, etc. I know that should go with out saying, but I wanted to remind people of that (you never know who's reading this).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

My III has been great-had a II stop at 6000 on one of my AFF jumps (I was aware enough to still pull close to 4500 as planned). Got the titanium option-looks and wears nice, but I'm not sure if it was worth the extra $$$.:S

Z-Flock 8
Discotec Rodriguez

Too bad weapons grade stupidity doesn't lead to sterility.