josheezammit

crossfire 2 vs a same size sabre 2

when I originally demoed the crossfire2 I demo'd it on the 149 vs the Sabre2 150....

I liked the crossfire2 opening better...I liked the front risers better...I like the fact that it just kept wanting to fly...

in fact I just liked it better (that being said I like the fact that I learned to swoop on the sabre 2)

Dave
http://www.skyjunky.com

CSpenceFLY - I can't believe the number of people willing to bet their life on someone else doing the right thing.

Just to give y'all insight to who Jeff is mentioning here

Trust me when i say he is asking all the right questions of all the right people while choosing canopies.

I go to people like Eric Butts, Jeff Standley, Perry Perkins, and Dave Smithers.

They don't always agree with each other, but they all think that the xf 2 is a good choice.

Just make sure you aren't only seeking the advice or listening to people that you know will agree with your desire to get the hotrod canopy. Seek out some people that think it is a VERY bad idea and listen to them with an open mind. Then make your choice.
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Look. Any canopy can put you into the dirt at a high rate of speed. A sabre 2 will break you just as fast as a Crossfire 2 will. The best thing to do is to not fuck up when flying canopies.

Of course I know that...
I just wanted to post the pictures...:)
Michi (#1068)
hsbc/gba/sba
www.swissbaseassociation.ch
www.michibase.ch

"Meatbomb, this means more solo's, not two way h&p's taken down to 3K "

Now you've taken all the sport out of it. I was gonna try and dock on him:P:P
L.A.S.T. #24
Co-Founder Biscuit Brothers Freefly Team
Electric Toaster #3
Co-Founder Team Non Sequitor
Co-Founder Team Happy Sock

ok kids, how does a crossfire 2 perform vs, a same size sabre 2? How big of a difference is there between these two canopies?

I guess this is just a conversation among those who are familiar with one another or who can "vouch" for one another, but,, I can't resist the temptation to actually answer the question... from my point of view of course.

Although I have flown a more heavily loaded sabre and a smaller wing size sabre neither compared to the voracity of the XF2. The Xf2 is not the be-all end-all of non X's. The XF2 is just another canopy in the HP realm. The Xf2 has its own characteristicts that require an attentive and skilled pilot to exploit its potential which, as I testify, is tremendous. My sentiments to this wing design are very passionate, my sentiments about working with Icarus are much less so. There is no smoother opening canopy I've personally known and it can be flown like an old lady if you want to. I can't recall ever recommending anybody buying a canopy they havent tried. I can't recall how many times I've heard criticism towards people looking to experiment.

"Break a leg" as in, "Good luck" takes on a whole 'nuther meaning in experimentation around here though, doesn't it? I guess when I look back, I realize you should just know in your soul what you're doing with your canopy and what you want to do with a canopy and you keep trying different ones till you find one that 'clicks.' Most skydivers don't really appreciate the performance potential of their canopy. Most skydivers just want one that works. Those skydivers never come to this forum, joke about it or point their fingers at us for being incorrigible.

I haven't been in this form for quite some time so I am less bored by those controversies. Nonetheless, I love XF2 discussion. A search will reveal volumes on this canopy... even prior to its actual realease.

Jump whatever you want, fuck the nay-sayers. Although, keep in mind as they say, "This is a dangerous sport" so if you jeapordize someone else you are gonna get hurt -or worse- GUARANTEED! That someone else includes someone that might give a shit about you and your experimenting.

Excuse me, but I don't recall seeing in this thread that you said you tried it (the XF2). Forgive me if I missed that you said you did. I mean no offense to your query, although I admit I have never understood for example why someone would inquire about how another, "feels" about how a corvette drives. My point being is that you will never likely drive a corvette like Richard Pettty and of what relevence is it on how you drive your own cavalier? Skill dictates the factors of the determination. If you were in the Corvette, Petty would probably drive circles around you in your cavalier.

If you dare, jump the damn thing, but your first priority should be not to kill or hurt someone else doing it! If you're not sure in your soul whats the point of asking? Otherwise, Geez, read the reviews from the, "Richard Pettys" like everyone else.

--
I'm done with the personally meaningful and philosophical sigs!!

Estimated time of Arrival mid April, my good friends at Skydive San Marcos are Icarus Dealers, and they were kind enough to order it for me, and students at skydive san marcos should watch out, for shortly, their canopy might be a big 220 red white and navy blue triathalon, that made my dreams of being a jumper become a reality, when I felt just like they did.........I'll miss her, Jeff time for you two to take some new canopy pics for me to show my mom:D

Ahh, what a wonderful world.