bwilling

I'm yanking my Cypres!

But just to send it off for it's 4 year, and some new batteries... (ouch! $$$ :S)

Is there anything I need to know to get that thing uninstalled? I had my rigger install it of course, and I didn't watch, but can't imagine that it's so complicated that I couldn't get it apart... I'll take it back to him to reassemble and repack the reserve when I get it back... any tips or gottcha's to watch out for?

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

Maybe, take it back to your rigger to get it taken out? Then you'll be able to get your reserve repacked and have a jumpable rig in the mean time...

Well, that's what I'm trying to avaoid if I can... I'm sending the main to PD to have new steering lines put on at the same time I send the Cypres, so I won't get the reserve repacked until everything comes back prolly...

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

Removing a Cypres is usually straightforward.

At the base of the reserve container, next to the spandex pocket for the processing unit, there is a velcro-closed pocket for excess cable. Open the velcro.

Find the channels for the cables running to the control unit (the gizmo where you turn the Cypres on and off), and the cutter. Gently push the control unit through the channel until it is clear, then do the same for the cutter. Important: it's okay to help clear the control unit and cutter by taking the slack out of their respective cables, but do not pull on the cables.

Remove the processing unit from the spandex pocket, again without pulling on the cables. That's it!

Mark

if you are going to do it, first fire your reserve, and set the free bag on the ground (while the rig is on the ground too), then be very carful on taking it out. try not to bend the wires at a sharp angle. be very gental with it. if you yank on it, you'll pull the wire from the LCD screen, or form the unit it self. just follow the chanel that your cypress cable goes through to pull it out. and again, be very gentle when pulling it out.

then once it's out, you could take you free bag (leaving pilot chute out), and bridle, and put it back into the container, then take a pull up cord, or string or something, and tie the flaps shut, don't use the loop, just tie it up with the gromets. this is just to keep it together a little more.

or the easist thing to do is take it to your rigger, have him take it out, and not have to worry about anything.

i can't imagine him charging you anything to do this, since he knows that he'll be getting money to repack it when he puts it back in, or packs it with out it in.

later