grundleson

downsizing.

How does one go from a larger chute to a smaller one? my profile says i am on a 132, thats a lie. i jump a 149.
but i do own a 132. i am in no hurry to jump the 132, but i would like some feedback on how do i know when i am good to downsize?
i have several jumps on the 149, and all landings have been ideal, on one foot, soft no problems, if anything, i think the 149 has been easier to fly than the 169 i was on before, it is much more responsive and reacts quicker to my input.

my real question is, when is it safe to go down to the smaller size canopy? different dropzones, wind contitions?
anything helps
thanks.

Dont die!

There are a few really good "rules of thumb" out there.

Firstly there is a good rule. Brian Germain's chart.

100 jumps you should be at or below 1:1.
100-200 1.1:1
200-300 1.2:1
300-400 1.3:1
etc.

Secondly is BillVon's downsize list (please do a search, its been posted many many many many times).
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

how do i know when i am good to downsize?

Billvon is a smart man. Click here to share his wisdom. And btw, he jumps in perris, so find him and talk to him. And the Canopy school in perris is a great resource.

why the hurry?

why lie in your profile?

seems like a troll almost.

And on a similar note, why is it so many people read the forums with posts from anyone who may or may not know what they're talking about... but they do not read the safety articles which are well written from credible sources?

peace
lew
http://www.exitshot.com