garywainwright

Glad it was over water...

That'll be a new trick for the freestyle round before you know it. I think it should be called the "the S&TA wants to chat with you" trick.:D

I'm very glad he was ok, man, getting a canopy to fly at that angle and to get a foot in the lines, it had to have been violent.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

Nice pics. The guy featured is my good friend and team mate. He showed me the video of that landing when he got home from the WC. What's interesting is that it only earned him a yellow flag rather than a red and a dq. When you see the whole thing he really wasn't that steep and easily could have dug it out if he had bailed to the toggles earlier - I guess that's why they didn't dq him. But yeah - good thing for water!

I'll have to let him know he's famous. he occasionally posts in here.

Canuck

It's Chris Day from Canada, I think, that is his canopy. I watched him really improve during the training and competition while at FSC. And, I did see this chow, oh well no one's perfect....Looks like a nice heaDzDown daffy in the one where his foot has snagged the lines.
Nice job!

So that dude flipped himself through his risers, caught his foot on a line, and when he swung down, his foot pulled the line, and stalled one side of his canopy.

In one of those pics, maybe 3 or 4, he looks like if his foot didn't catch a line, that he would have just flown it out.