CanuckInUSA

Got to jump my new Velocity canopy today

Didn't PD approve a smaller slider for the Velo, or am I mistaken? If so, anyone have one, or can compare with the standard slider? I'm considering looking into getting one...

I got one of those smaller sliders but I haven't had a chance to do more than a few hop-n-pops with it. The original slider measures 29.5" wide and 22.5" tall. The new one measures 28.5" wide and 20" tall.

I know it's probably to soon to tell, but notice any difference? Wondering if you're getting slightly faster openings, and if the velo's dancing less...

Last weekend I got a chance to do 6 terminal openings with the smaller slider and so far I like it better. It still snivels but not as long.

I thought I'd write a follow-up on my experience with the smaller slider on my Velocity 103. After about 25 jumps with the smaller slider I experienced two hard openings. Since then I've paid more careful attention to my slider placement. Now I always make sure I push the center of the slider into the pack job and I quarter it EVENLY front to back and side to side. I've put another 75 jumps on it (100 total) and I haven't had a bad opening since.

So in my experience the smaller slider gives better openings but requires more careful attention to slider placement during packing.

The position of the slider makes a great difference when packing a Velocity.
Therefore you have the snaps on the VC90.
They are also available for the standard Velocity.

When I compare the openings from my old Velocity 90 and my new VC90.
Openings are the same. Maybe a little bit softer on the VC90.

Cya,

Lucke