lister55

Demo Prices

just to clear things up Thank you BKdice for PMing me the email for PD.
I sent an email to Anabel and she promptly replied.
She said she replied to my request, but I get so much spam it must have gotten deleted in the mix.
:)
my power is beyond your understanding.

Yeah, I am going through this with Icarus right now. It seems like it takes them about a week to answer emails.

Have you tried calling Wyat?
If you have try calling Skydive San Diego, they can reach him as well...

I know that demoing can be easier through the internet but sometimes it's better to talk to someone directly when it comes down to business...

~G~

"The edge ... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who know where it is are those that have gone over"

Just to add a datapoint here - my first demo from PD was 4 weeks late, and the one I have on order right now just missed its third weekend. The DZO has been ordering them for me, so I'm not the one who's been communicating with PD.

For the record, I'd much rather be told that I won't get a demo for a month than be told every Friday that no canopy has arrived and they don't know why.

"Be braver -- you can't cross a chasm in two small jumps."

Get used to it. Sounds harsh but that's how it goes some times. The skydiving business is quite a bit different than corporate business. Often the demo has not been return by the previous user. That pushes the date back each time. The demand for demos is pretty high and the schedules are very dynamic due to weather, users keeping the parachute a couple days too long, damage, you name it. Find out when the last correspondance the DZO had with PD.

If you have a credit card you can order the Demo yourself. Have it sent to the DZ and ask all the questions yourself.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

PD only wants you to keep the Katana for one week. $30 includes one-way shipping, you need to pay to ship it back. Big Air Sportz is either $30 or $50 (not sure), and it's the usual 2 weekends, plus return shipping.

Well, I got my credit card bill, and Big Air Sporz was $85, plus return shipping on my end.

I can verify that this is correct. When I wanted to demo a Big Air canopy they wanted 75.00 for demo charge, plus shipping. It was going to cost $100.00 just to demo a canopy. Then they had thier demo in my size stolen and wants me to pre-pay a "down-payment" on another canopy to demo it. Basically I have put a down payment on a canopy and if I dont like it I can be refunded.????? Why not build another demo then let me demo that one? Whatever, I have money to spend, I guess it just wont be at Big Air. Too bad cause I was really interested in the Samurai.

my first demo from PD was 4 weeks late, and the one I have on order right now just missed its third weekend. The DZO has been ordering them for me, so I'm not the one who's been communicating with PD.

I'd suggest your DZO's been giving you bad info then. PD ships when they have the canopy avaliable to the next person on the list. The never give you a guarentee date on demos.

PD has invested a huge amount of money in the demo fleet, and it's a great tool, and resource. It kinda sucks to see them being bashed for doing something good for the sport. Next time anyon ehas an exter 1/4 million dollars to spend they should make their own fleet.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.