CanuckInUSA

270 convert

Well this weekend I managed to start doing 270 front riser carving approaches and I must say that I was totally impressed on how they much better and easier they worked than the 180s I was doing before this. My accuracey was good, I tended to not come out too high yet there was plenty of room to play with tighening up or lengthening the carve based on conditions and the speed and distance I achieved in my swoops were my best ever to date. I still have plenty to learn and am no where near maxing out my new xFire2 canopy (I have made only 49 jumps on this canopy), but with my 270s, I am starting to realize the potential for my canopy and my swoops. Just don't %@#& up right? ;)

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

nice just watch out for 0there traffic

I don't expect you to read my mind, but I did factor in 'traffic' in the term 'conditions' when I said "there was plenty of room to play with tighening up or lengthening the carve based on conditions." :P And on top of that, I did do just a 90 on one of my swoops (after I started doing 270s this weekend) because I felt something was wrong based on the conditions of the approach.

Try not to worry about the things you have no control over

I can absolutely vouch for Canuck's heads-up flying. He is very aware of his surroundings and I have yet to see him act/react in an unsafe manner, even under his new pocket rocket. He is VERY current and very heads up imho.

-- (N.DG) "If all else fails – at least try and look under control." --

Nice, Steve.
Traffic will be an issue no matter what degree of turn you throw, so that is always a factor. Knowing when to bail is an absolute must. Sunday was a very fitful day for me. Out of five skydives, I only got one clean turn. I had to abort my 750 foot 270 for a left 90 on four of them due to horrible traffic right over our swoop lane. It made me nuts, but I was not about to dive my Velocity in front of lower jumpers under much bigger canopies just for the sake of my generally-brilliant swoop. :ph34r: Have fun, just be as safe as you can.

Chuck