jdfreefly

Riser length question

change the presure, I'm not sure... might depend on the canpoy...

shorter risers may pull your outside lines in at a greater angle, and chage the preasure...

It is more likely that it will change your preception of the preasure, as you are pulling on them from a different point in you range of motion.

Josh
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. - Edmund Burke

I jump very short, eighteen inch risers because I don't like fighting to reach my slider. I also like that when I reach back for my transfer to rears that my grip is up near the Slinks. I have jumped longer risers, but never noticed any percievable difference in flight characteristics, only that it was more of a pain in the ass to get to my slider. Hell, I almost had to bail on a round during the PPPB meet at Perris in June 2001 after a brake fire made it nearly impossible to get my slider past my toggles after clearing the other brake. That was incredibly stressful. I ditched those risers immediately after that meet. In the end, I think it just boils down to personal preference.

Chuck