mfrese

Canopy Schools in Cali?

Getting pretty comfortable with swooping my little (for me) 1.7 loaded Vengeance 135, but I want to start getting some training from the REAL swoopers. Anybody have any first-hand experience with the schools in California such as Perris or Elsinore (or at least with the instructors there)? I'm thinking about spending at least a weekend down south later this year, and would like to get some high-performance training while I'm there. I also plan on hitting Florida later in the year, and will probably set up something with Scott Miller or someone else from Deland while I'm out there.
Thanks in advance for the info :)
Iceman
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

Well of COURSE you were gonna say that ;)

Actually, I am already planning a trip for mid-August, just want to talk to them and set up time...thought I'd check out Elsinore as well.
Doctor I ain't gonna die,
Just write me an alibi! ---- Lemmy/Slash

Oh, by no means is that a given! I don't simply agree and play the yes-man to everything that goes on at my home DZ.

You asked about swoop instructors and these guys are clearly at the elite end of that scale.
quade -
The World's Most Boring Skydiver

And they're great instructors in general. I spent 3 days with Jim and Clint on some more beginner/basic stuff than swooping and they were very good at explaining everything, recognizing every little thing about my performance that could use correction, and giving me direction for future work on my own.

Well worth it.