Jessica

How much difference in loadings?

Well,
Iv'e found that at the tracks Iv'e run at, you really can't get ANY bike past 155 (straights are only so long).:|
Cement highways here and an excellent speedometer Calibration Co. in Lancaster (right next to the Honda shop & down from 3 trucking Co.s) have helped me pin down more acurate top speeds.
Admittedly though, at the track I never had a speedometer on my bike, just a tach.
-Grant

also, what beginners sometimes do not realize is by downsizing, you're not only losing square footage over your head, but youre shortening the lines on the canopy, making it more aggressive in two areas. By jumping from a 1:1 to a 1.3:1 you're either implying you gained some weight, or that you bought a more aggresive canopy. In my opinion the safest jump would be "I gained some weight, now my wingloading is higher", because with that the lines still stay the same, youre somewhat used to the canopy, etc. But if you stayed the same weight and bought a NEW canopy, with a NEW lineset, well, your wingloading went up, like before, AND you have a more aggresive angle on the lines, which could lead to a disaster.

But take my opinion with a grain of salt, I am just a student.

---------------------------------------------
let my inspiration flow,
in token rhyme suggesting rhythm...