DYEVOUT

Military Surplus Gear

"You can buy "Issue" Military Free Fall double zipper jumpsuits for about $20 at a surplus store. You can usually pick them up in a range of colors from black....to well....black.... Or a pilots flight suit in tan or green for around the same price."

---------------------------------------------------------

I got this off a thread back on page 5, and I've been looking for one of these puppies at Army-Navy, and surplus stores in eastern PA - no luck. I think at my experience level (AFF L12), this would be the way to go. The "loaners" at the DZ don't fit (6'-2", 210), and are pretty nasty. Some of my landings have been train wrecks, and I don't want to blow a couple hundred on a nice RW suit - until my landings are more consistent. Anyone know how to hook up with this military gear? New or used.

Thanx

----------------=8^)----------------------
"I think that was the wrong tennis court."

Umm, dunno about ex GI stuff, but we used to kit our students out in what us Brits call boiler suits, I think you colonials call them coveralls. Try your local industrial outfitters, look for Dickies or something similar.
--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

For sure, but he did say it was to get all dirty with.
No point spoiling your nice Symbi or Da Kine gear if you can't stand up on your own two feet.:S

Besides, early on, you don't know whether you are going for Freefly, RW, what yourfall rate is like etc, etc. So why blow jump tickets on something that looks good, helps you fit in, but is absolutely no use when you want to fly in it?

Unless you are right into crew, in which the twin zipper is de rigeur...;)

--------------------

He who receives an idea from me, receives instruction himself without lessening mine; as he who lights his taper at mine, receives light without darkening me. Thomas Jefferson

[Unless you are right into crew, in which the twin zipper is de rigeur... ]

You mean I need one of them too...........more expence!

Our man's profile shows preferred discipline as Formation Skydiving. It's arguably(!) sensible to get safe with other jumpers at 120 before trying to freefly with them at 16o.

Skydive U or WARP is much easier and more productive if you have a decent RW suit to play in. With most manufacturers lead times, he will hopefully have his landings sorted out before his suit arrives. Until then, perhaps some canopy drills and some cool head-up flying in a black boiler suit!