BluDvn222

Video on the net of 418 ft swoop??????

without weight restrictions - 678' jaymo @ mile-hi (do a search for "carnage" on skydivingmovies.com to see video)

with weight restrictions - 494' jaymo @mile-hi (this was "unofficial" due to not enough judges or something like that)

At sea level all i know is Isaiah McCauliffe did some where around 460' at the world cup, with weight restrictions.
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

I flew 459ft the days before the SpanishOpen 2007 in Lillo/Spain with FAI-judges on site, the run took place at 2000ft MSL and is the official german distance record (139,90m).
Way more interesting for me (than the official records) would be to know the best ever someone did in training...

without weight restrictions - 678' jaymo @ mile-hi (do a search for "carnage" on skydivingmovies.com to see video)

with weight restrictions - 494' jaymo @mile-hi (this was "unofficial" due to not enough judges or something like that)

At sea level all i know is Isaiah McCauliffe did some where around 460' at the world cup, with weight restrictions.

Jay's run at Mile Hi is an official record, it's under the "performance record" category. In order for it to be a "competition" record it needs to be at a FAI calendar event, ie; nationals, world cup, world meet. Jay's 494 is the current record, in my opinion it's silly to file for a record that isn't longer, even if in some category it could be considered a record. The current "competition record" is listed as Jonathan's run at the world cup at Lake Wales in 05' without weight restrictions, I don't know how much weight he was wearing, but the weight rule wasn't in effect then.

There aren´t any competition records anymore!
(Maybe the one(s) that are in the books stay there forever, but no new "competition records" will be added.)
The IPC took the decision (at the meeting in Paris/France early this year) that it doesn´t make sense to have two different kinds of records.
The overall record - the performance record - is what counts.
It doesn´t matter if this record takes place in competition or during an official training round or whatever, there just have to be enough FAI-judges around to prove it.