rmcvey

voodoo V0

can you fit a pd126 R (with cypress)and a 135 cobalt in a voodoo V0

The sizing guide says it will fit 120main/120reserve.

But i heard the voodoo doesnt "size up" well? what does this mean? Anyone tried this combo??

Reason is i will probably be on a 120 if not a 105 by the end of next year but am getting a brand new container. Want to keep my current canopies for the meantime, until ready and was wondering if they will squeeze in?

Stuffing bigger canopies in the rig make it look like a pregnant guppy. Really ugly with the flaps spliting and peeling open on the ground. The rig looks great with the right sized canopies, but too large and its just plain ugly.

Get the right sized container for the job... a V1 would be the best one here.

Things to think about are what if you get injured and can't jump for 6 months... will you still be downsizing or upsizing? Things like this all come into play when you order new gear.
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com

Speaking of pack volumes, i may be a halfwit but my cobalt 135 seems to pack bigger than a spectre 150. Is this because of the number of cells?

Ok heres another question, how is the area of a canopy determined, is it by the area of material used in making it or the chord times span?

(i think i know the answer but im having an argument with someone at the dz about this and want to be sure before i look an idiot)

I had a talk with my rigger about the voodoo looking bad when it changes main sizes and he told me that when he was in RI taking his rigger he saw that the voodoo has a special velcro that was intentionally there for downsizing and making it look good (I can't explain cause I have no idea what he was talking about, maybe you can email sandi and ask, and post the answer).

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com

It is Gelvenar (sp?) fabric, but its not that much thicker then the performance textiles material. Tape and seams add up on bulk rapidly.

As for the Voodoo having velcro.. the one at the DZ does'nt. It was probally a rigger added mod for a pad insert. A simple solution to a downsizing caused container distortion... but even better is getting the right tool for the job, the right sized container...
Yesterday is history
And tomorrow is a mystery

Parachutemanuals.com