samp76

New to canopy control

Actually, quite the opposite is true. Under the USPA ISP, you do all of these things at altitude during your student training so that you have a good idea of what your canopy is capable of, very early on in your jumping carreer. I am all about teaching these techniques to students, having them accomplish these tasks over and over at altitude, of course.

Chuck

Pull things while you are high over 2000 ft. Open a bit higher and pull both rear riser and let one go. the pull both front riser and let one go. pull opposite risers and see and feel what it does. Remember do this things high.
Cielos Azules
PAblo

"If you don't overcome your fears they will overcome you first"
Shady Monkey/6Segundos Rodriguez/AKA Pablito

hop-n-pops from altitude. do it all up high, then bring it down....slowly. 3 second delays from altitude will give you all the time in the world to do anything you want to do on the way down.
--Richard--
"We Will Not Be Shaken By Thugs, And Terroist"

Go do a hop-n-pop from 6k or 7k. Do a stall, your canopy will "bow-tie", let up on the breaks, your canopy will dive and regain normal flight. While you're above 2,000 feet, try pulling different risers. Start with the front risers, pull a double front, then try to do a 180 left, a 180 right. Do do the next manuver until you feel your canopy regain normal flight (trust me, you'll *feel* it). If you're still above 2,000ft do the same with your rear risers.

This will be a good learning experience for you, since you'll get a feel for the different control inputs you have on your canopy.

DO NOT do any of the above below 2,000ft. You could end up seriously injurying yourself or even killing yourself if you do something too low, better safe then sorry.

Have fun, let us know what you learn. :)

--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

It is good to learn what your canopy can do at an early stage in your skydiving career. I am an Skydive University Coach, USPA Coach, And I own The-Learnig-Curve.net which is a canopy control school in Texas. I travel around to different drop zones teaching canopy control from basics to swooping. I am alsoa pro member of the Para Pro Blade assoc. So dont be afariad to play with your canopy up high and see what it will do. I would suggest that you stop these manuvers above your decision altitude. Be safe and have fun.