LawnDart21

Made my first sub-100sq ft jumps this weekend.

Well we had a canopy demo this past weekend at my DZ, and despite hanging from a drogue most of the time, I managed to make two jumps on a demo 99 cross brace. It was loaded at around 2.2, my normal wing loading is around 2.0. When I deployed the first one, I looked up and I swear, it looked like a pillow case at the end of the suspension lines. My first thought was "Okay, where is the rest of it.....". Anyways, after playing with it up high and getting a feel for the turns, dive, flare, etc. I came in on a straight in approached (no wind day) on double fronts, and had one of the longest surfs to date. I stood it up (much to the joking predictions of my friends) and walked away with a huge smile, from ear to ear. Second jump, same thing, except I added a carving 90 degree turn. Same landing, long and sweet, with little to no run out needed. I saw the video of both landings after the fact and I gotta say, I've seen my swoops on video before, but not like this, I was coming in FAST. What an experience. Despite the urge to downsize again to a sub 100 cross brace full time, at 700 jumps, I'm gonna file that thought away for another season or two... But it is nice to know I can land/surf a 99, and an even nicer feeling of having stood them up.
Okay, back to work for me. Later!

--
My other ride is a RESERVE.

. Despite the urge to downsize again to a sub 100 cross brace full time, at 700 jumps, I'm gonna file that thought away for another season or two... But it is nice to know I can land/surf a 99, and an even nicer feeling of having stood them up.

You are a smart man!! That mentality will keep you alive!!! I did the same thing.. Went to an fx114, made a few jumps and went back up.. It was fast and I knew I wasn't ready..

Well done!!! ;)

Rhino