StevieBoy

un-balanced in my harness

An instructor watched me land today, I thought, Hey, a stand up landing, COOL.
He told me I looked un-balanced in my harness, which caused me to flare early more to the right because of side winds, which made me un-balanced, one leg strap may have come loose in the plane, HOW do you check safley once you have a good canopy?
"Skydiving's a source, it'll change your life, swear to God"

Wierd, had the same thing happen to me today, opened canopy, and noticed that it wanted to turn, headed for the DZ using rear risers and then went into troubleshoot mode.. ok, both toggles still stowed, what else could be wrong, so I looked at my leg straps and noticed one was about two inches looser. I think it happened because I was rushing to make a load, so I just pulled the loose strap tight, and all was well. But I was under new gear so I pulled at 5 and had ample time to figure out what was wrong.

One thing you guys can check is if there are twists in your break lines? If there are more in one than the other it will cause you to turn in that direction.
I have also seen poorly installed breaks in older parachutes with knots in them? Sometimes the breaks aren't set evenly. Have your rigger check out your canopy trim and breaks.
Blue Skies and Smooth Rides!!
http://www.aahit.com

During my pre-exit procedures I always make sure they are equal in length and then re-stow my legstraps. At about 11500 I do my check of 3 for the third time and include leg strap evening if needed. Granted they might move in freefall, but I'm sure they were right 10 seconds before exit at least.
Cause I don't wanna come back down from this cloud... ~ Bush

"One thing you guys can check is if there are twists in your break lines? If there are more in one than the other it will cause you to turn in that direction."
Good call.
I remember being told this by an Instructor at Langer (UK), un-twist (or check your break lines every 5 jumps).
But if one leg strap has come loose during freefall & you are under a good canopy what is the safest way to correct this.
I pull at 3000, ?
"Skydiving's a source, it'll change your life, swear to God"