grega

Mirage G4

2. I hear its got one of the fastest reserve deployments in the business, although this is a mute point if you're not on a RSL IMO.

Explain this? Why would it be a mute point? If I was a 700 feet with nothing out (I would feel stupid.) I would want a fast reserve deployment regardless if I had an RSL or not.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

2. I would put it on the slightly harder side of average for reserve repacks.

Who is your rigger?

3. I think that the line stowage and set up of the D-bag (ie, your first locking stow goes through three gromets) is a little less then ideal. I understand that having the stows like it does, the bag is supposed to have less left-right 'jiggle' during deployment, but I would offset that against the large number of stows.

Who is your packer!!!!?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

I love my G4. I am a big fan of enclosed pop-tops, so Vector, Infinity, Icon, Mirage, Talon.

I like the riser protection, the main pin cover, the cushy backpad.

Did I say, "The risers rock!" Had to cutaway from line twists that were down the risers to my neck the other weekend. The girl above me:o:S[:/] asked how hard it was to cutaway with the risers like that. I hadn't even thought of it until she asked. Smooth as butttaaa

Anyway. The list goes on, and on, and on.

There are so many GREAT rigs on the market right now. It's hard to go wrong.

Write a list of the top ten things you want in a dream rig, and let's see if we can play "Match that Container!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

My wife just got a G4.1 and loves it. It's not the "short pregnant" look that was the G4 had when it was first released.

One of the things I have noticed that is an improvement over anything else I have seen is where the lateral attach to the backpad. They are cut in to keep the rig closer to the back. Its pretty sweet.

I agree that the bag could use some improvement. The split bag does NOT make it easier to pack and running the first rubber band through three grommets centered on the bag causes uneven stowage of lines.

Rock

Write a list of the top ten things you want in a dream rig, and let's see if we can play "Match that Container!"

Please don't get him started on anything like that. Grega has had his G4 for almost a year now and his relationship to that rig really worries us sometimes. :P:D:D

I agree that the bag could use some improvement. The split bag does NOT make it easier to pack and running the first rubber band through three grommets centered on the bag causes uneven stowage of lines.

I like my split bag. Took me about 20 jumps to get used to it, but now I LOVE it. It is easier to pack. I only run the first rubber band through two grommets and the lines are perfectly semetrical.

How are you stowing your first stow?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Peace and Blue Skies!
Bonnie ==>Gravity Gear!

Grega has had his G4 for almost a year now and his relationship to that rig really worries us sometimes.

Don't let me even get started about your relationship with your voodoo :P
jerry: see George they were looking at my voodoo not your mirage, so it must be better, see... ;):ph34r:

About that split bag... what 3 gromets are you putting first rubber band through. first rubber goes only through 2 grommets. one that "unsplits" the bag, and the first locking-closing grommet.there are only 3 closing grommets and one that "unsplits" the bag at G4.1 D-bag. G4.0 had 4 closing grommets + unsplitting grommet and first rubber still goes only through first two grommets.

at G4.1 D-bag there is no way stows are unsymmetrical, they are only more symmetrical because of the middle grommet.

top ten things i want at my dream rig:
get mirage G4 with all the options, it has all the things i'd want from a rig B|
"George just lucky i guess!"

I guess I worded that wrong...the rubber band actually only goes through 2 grommets as you say. In my head I was counting the rubber band attachment point as well.

Since there are then three grommets on the flap of the bag, how do you keep the lines balanced? If the lines through the center grommet go off to the left, then right, then left, you have more on one side than the other. Do you take the first bite of line straight down the front of the bag?

The manual doesn't go into how to stow the lines on the split bag. (another negative, I guess)

BSBD,
Rock

Yes that's true, you have more lines on one side than the other, but the opening is still symmetrical.

i do as you said.
first stow i put off to the left second, right and third to the left and so on...

i had the same question because the manual wasn't so detailed. at mirage they said it doesn't matter on which side the first stow is pointed or from where lines come, it just has to be through both grommets.
"George just lucky i guess!"

My modest opinion about this great bag design is...SIMPLY FABULOUS!!!!
Actually i was packin it thw wrong way! I learned from a PD guy to pack it right! simply by passing the very first rubber band and the last rubber band in between the two line sets just before making the traditional Lace... result: perfect ON heading openings!...

the worse thing about these bags is that the time we take packing is a bit longer then with traditional bags... just because of this procedure...

Yes i think its worth it! i am very happy with my brand new G4 M4 container! MIrage Rocks!

Blue SkIES..Land Safe!
João Ferrand - Portugal
http://www.blue-emotions.pt