pekkakurtz

Pro- wolmari- or Psycho pack it?

Thats what George Galloway, President of Precision Aerodynamics, Inc. says about psycho-packing:" If I wasn't absolutely certain of the results, I could never recommend it, but believe me when I say will never pack a parachute the "Old" way ever again."

That's my opinion as well.

I think you should not try this without having a bridle-extension (bag stopper) inside the POD (check step #12 in second url below).

check out

http://precision.aerodynamics.com/psycho/psycho_pack.htm

http://precision.aerodynamics.com/psycho/psysteps.htm;)

Try psycho-bagging it.

1)Follow the instructions for a psycho pack (pretty much the same as a pro pack until you flip it upside down) up to the stage that you roll it up.
2)Instead of rolling it, push the top of the canopy into the (upside-down) bag.
3)Move yourself round to the side and brace your knee against the pilot-chute end of the bag, place a hand on top of the bag flap and press down to hold it in place.
4)With your other hand grab the canopy about 8 inches down from the flap, pull it towards you and fold it on top of your hand and the bag, then lift up the flap and stuff the canopy under the flap and into the bag (on top of the canopy already in there) and press back down on the flap again. 5)You will probably have a bit more material left outside the bag, just S-fold it into the bag in the same way - on top of the rest of the material).
6)Flip the bag over so that the lines are not twisted any more and stow your lines as normal.

I hate to say it, but it sounds like all you need is practice packing. Psycho packing is something people do that I find really fussy. You can do whatever you want with a pro pack if you learn about it. But, to be honest, the only thing you need to do is clear lines from fabric, keep the lines tight and keep everything together when you put it in the bag. I found psycho packing the easier solution to keeping everything together when I thought packing was hard. Now I've had a bit more practice and I propack everything.

Seeing as your initial problem related to a canopy too big for the d-bag and keeping control of it when you put it in the bag, find someone who packs for a living, pay them for a pack job and then see how they put it in the bag. Better still, talk to someone who packs for a living and see how they pack canopies that are too big. You never know, you might get some useful pointers. Good luck.

BTW, what is a wolmari pack? I've never heard of it.

what is a wolmari pack?

Is another variant of propack, once you lay the canopy on the floor, instead of puting all the sides inside the tail like a trash pack, you fold the sides, each side to times.

if you make a search on the forums I am sure you will finds a webpage that has the explaining with pictures.

Thats the only way to make a spectre open fast (that I know of).

HISPA 21
www.panamafreefall.com