rendezvous

spectra 850 microline

For the spectra 850 lines, does the 850 mean that each line in the line set is capable of taking a max load of 850 lbs or that the combined strength of the line set i.e all the lines attached to the left and right risers together are capable of handling a 850 lbs load.

I appreciate your proper definition of 'proof load,' as compared to 'tensile strength,' which is in fact the actual strength of the said material in pounds per square inch. i.e, Spectra= 400,000 PSI nominal tensile strength.
Spectra is in fact 'Ultra High Molecular Weight Polyethylene' (UHMW-PE) (often referred to as the poor man's Teflon)
Dave Brownell

I just got a new hornet canopy. Are these lines 850 micro-lines? My first impression was, "Man these lines are puny!" But if they are tested at 850 lbs. each they should be strong enough. I'm used to looking at lines on older round canopies. They were a lot bigger but they were only rated to 550 lbs. each. Technology is a wonderful thing.