airann

My Sewing Machind is Whacked

Ok, its the damn bobbin..... It balls up a ton of thread from underneath, but hardly any from the top - it wont make a stich.......
My Mcchine is an ultra cool alvacodo green, heavy as an anvil, likely made in the late 60's - it has sweet skydiving stickers all over it and its cool, but ITS WHacKed....
Damn it, I turned all the tension thingies and likely cant get them back to the right tension, ....... H E LL PP
Is it the tension?
or is it likely somthing else that is making it do this rat nest in the bottom and get balled up.....
There is this china dude down the street who might could tell me... but I would have to get outta my pajamas and go over there and he will want to sell me a vacume cleaner......
Ann ~ www.AirAnn.com
Levin in RW suit.. I have pictures!!!

hey Ann , is the thread bunching up under the machine where the bobbin is or is it bunching up under the material ?
could be a number of things that would cause this.
wrong size needle
out of time
threaded through machine wrong
bobbin in correctly
hard to tell you without looking at the machine, but check these things first.

You know what earlier it was doing both .....
now just underneath where the bobbin is.......
I had not even got the material in there yet..
about the needle, I took it out (I dont remember) and had trouble getting it bck in, I couldnt remember from when I was a kid doing this, but anyway I got it back but ... I think its right it is the one that came with it.....
I was going to put another needle in there for medium weight material...
Ann ~ www.AirAnn.com
Levin in RW suit.. I have pictures!!!

Your machine has seen better days. Do the right thing and bury it in the back yard....
Oh, by the way, I have a White Serger machine with little use for sale for $250.00.
Skydiving is not a static excercise with discrete predictability...

Go back to the basics.
Clean your machine, especially the lint under the tension spring on the bobbin case.
Oil it.
Say nice things to it.
To figure out which way to install the needle, Stare at the hook underneath. Remember that the hook is supposed to pass through the small scarf in the needle.
Remember that 90% of sewing machine problems can be cured by fixing a mis-routed thread.