Lazarus_762

First solo jump....dang that was ugly!

yeah...these days, I practice on a particular doorway at work, and as I rock, I say, "ready, set, dick-in-the-wind!" I do try to make sure nobody else is around at the time B|B|

I was at the DZ today, just hanging out, and I told a guy there that I did a Mighty Mouse arch, poking my chest out like I was bullet proof. He knew exactly what I meant, but I had to explain it to my 10 year old daughter - the kid had never heard of Mighty Mouse! How sad is that?

Airtwardo:"There is a bit of difference between a rigger with a nipper and a guy with 138 jumps and a swiss army knife...usually!"

For 1, I like your story, for 2, I would like to hear the instructor version, and trust me, it will sound way different to yours.(Hence they are instructors)

Also, no need for radio then, huh.

Keep on arching, and do those touches on the ground, you need to know where your toggles are......I mean your ripcord/hackey/monkeys fist/pullout....

Cool!!!

you know, I would like to hear them telling about that particular dive, too. Karen said that I actually didn't do too badly, that I was still responsive and trying to run through the drills, staying aware of altitude, etc...at the time, I was thinking she was just trying to be encouraging, but maybe not. She and Joe told me they have seen "much, much worse".

and I do sound like a moron using the wrong terms. Sometimes the wrong word just pops out. I know the difference between a toggle and a handle, but I still find myself saying "canister" instead of container, and "toggle" instead of handle[:/][:/] maybe I've just killed too many brain cells the last few years. As long as the bedsheet still pops out of the backpack when I pull the monkey pud, I'll keep working on this stuff;)

Airtwardo:"There is a bit of difference between a rigger with a nipper and a guy with 138 jumps and a swiss army knife...usually!"

Best you get to use the correct terms, some guys wowuld crap in their pants when using the wrong terms.

Bedsheet. hahaha, expensive bedsheet that.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.