Kirils

Raven III

First, if it's a dash-m it doesn't have a main PC bridle attachment. It would be difficult but maybe not impossible to for a skilled rigger to add one. I don't know if Precision would, I doubt it.
If it isn't a Dash-M, the next question is - Are you talking about traditional accuracy, i.e. foot placement on the 2.5 cm target, or are you talking about general PRO rating accuracy/sport accuracy, i.e. standup accuracy? It really isn't the ideal canopy for either one. Depending on you size you would probably want something with a higher performance wing for sport accuracy. This is often now swoop in until you get to the target, shut the forward speed down and set down, rather than set up a 300 ft high steep approach that migh leave you landing hard. On the other hand, again depending on your size, the Raven might be okay for starting to learn the high steep approach of traditional accuracy, expecting not to stand up. Obviously hitting the peas or tuffet is important then. I doubt that you would find it suitable for advancing in traditional accuracy to competition.

councilman24,
Read the f'n label.
If it is a Raven III, it is not a Dash M.
Assuming that the original poster weghts less than 150 pounds naked, then he can practice most of the classic (3 cm disc) techniques under a Raven. III
Hard-core accuracy competitors usually load their canopies around 0.7 pounds per square foot.
The Raven III would also be decent BASE canopy provided the original poster is fairly light.

Chillout riggerrob,
You and I might be able to read, but not everyone else can. And if it's really new and uses a Roman numeral its a Super Raven, not a Raven. Just trying to cover all of the bases. And Dash-M's are Ravens, just a different version. And some of use old farts translate sq ft to the Super Raven sizes. Anybody need a bikini slider? :)

But there is no Raven III. There is a Super Raven III and a Raven 3 and a Raven 249-M. And when your dealing with skydivers, nothing is obvious. But I agree with you, with a III it should have been a Dash M. But, this wouldn't be the first person wanting to use a Dash M as a main. Had someone ask me just 4 weeks ago. Time to go home and pull out my Dash M to send in for more sewing. BTW, you need that bikini slider? ;)

My mistake?...I would have assumed a Raven 3 was the same as a Raven lll.... I think we had a similar conversation
a few months ago about the confusion in Precision's reserve canopy name methodology.
Skydiving is not a static excercise with discrete predictability...